Crash Dump

fillya

Reaction score
Ok I have just won a game and loading other results and going into the message screen when all of a sudden a pop up appeard saying somehing about crash dump and needs to close FM..I was so ****** as this was the first time that it occured to me and now Im stuck can't even continue as the pop out will appear and to keep closing FM.

How do I fix it?

2chtmrb.jpg

I'm sorry mate as this is the one substantial bug that SI need to sort out fast, happened to me last year on the most captivating game I'd ever played and happened again this year but I got past them somehow. If it's repetetive and you saved the day before I'm afraid you may be out of luck but if you saved about a week ago or more save the file as something else (a different name) keep going and PRAY

Hope it helps8-|

You mean if I changed the name of the save it will be avoided?

1. Go to Start > My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009

2. In the Football Manager 2009 folder you should see a folder called "crash dumps"

3. Select and delete the folder

4. If all goes well, your game should work as normal

1. Go to Start > My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2009

2. In the Football Manager 2009 folder you should see a folder called "crash dumps"

3. Select and delete the folder

4. If all goes well, your game should work as normal

tried that hours ago did not work :'( I really worked hard on my Villa save and now its gone don't feel like playing a new game <)

I have posted on the SI forums and no luck yet ...

whenever anything like that happens to me i usually just reset my preferences and it seems to work fine. another problem might be if your using an in game editor

whenever anything like that happens to me i usually just reset my preferences and it seems to work fine. another problem might be if your using an in game editor

I am using FMRTE. But if I were to delete will it still be avoided as it is not installed but download.

Ok I may have found a solution but not sure if it works found it from a site called footballmanagerportal.co.uk

Ok No problem, im not sure if it will work for everyone but it has for me
Step 1:Open up your steam
Step 2: Go onto your games list
Step 3: Right click on Football Manager and select properties
Step 4: Select the Local files tab on the far right
Step 5: Click the option Verify integrity of game cache (Wait for this to finish 2-3 mins approx)
Step 6: Click the option Defragment game cache
It should now be complete

I uninstalled my FM and try to install it back by using steam but it says that my cd key is invalid or something does anyone knows that ^ method but by using the uniloc? like how to defragmenting and stuff?

It is not any thing to do with the editor, i have never used it, i cant see how changing from a large database to a small one would change anything either. I have a good computer, with plenty of memory and a fast processor, so i don't think its anything to do with that either. Its a bug that won't get fixed, we're all pretty much doomed until FM 11 :'(

I am using FMRTE. But if I were to delete will it still be avoided as it is not installed but download.

Ok I may have found a solution but not sure if it works found it from a site called footballmanagerportal.co.uk

I uninstalled my FM and try to install it back by using steam but it says that my cd key is invalid or something does anyone knows that ^ method but by using the uniloc? like how to defragmenting and stuff?

that worked for me on FM09 do it

Ok, i think this works, I been playing the game now for a couple of hours with no crash dump problems, i'll keep you posted

this is maybe stupid question :)..I play FM ten years,since he was CM :),but can someone explain me,what is FMRTE?And can I install that on 10.2?

FMRTE- Football Manager Real Time Editor. It allows you to give your team better players and more money while playing your game. You don't have to load up a new saved game.

football manager real time editor, you can edit the game as you play it.
i dont think it has been updated for the latest patch yet

I have a problem with fm 11,sorry for the wrong topic but pls help me!!
I have exited the game,then came back after 5 minutes and tried to load my save,but CRASH DUMPS
I have tried everything in this topic but still...
I cant install with steam cuz they ask me for cd key,and i dont have it..
Help me pls!!
Thanks