Crash Dumps Prevention and Solutions

I got a crash dump this morning whilst I was starting up a new game

It got to the finding manager targets section and just crashed

you will need to follow step of the guide, and try again, if error repeats you have a problem, and that problem is listed in section 1 of guide.

For the first time ever I've had this problem.

I'm using an edited database, with the updated English leagues. It's been going smootly with absolutely no problems until now.

I reached 5th Jun 2012 it crashes with the crash dump issue.

I've tried the above tips, as well as doing different things in the game like resigning and it just does it every time.

Any suggestions? I'm gutted as was loving that particular game.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but because I never edit the data base I do not know a lot about that, edited databases are asking for crash dumps, and an edited data base sooner or later will spaz out.
I'm sorry that only advice I can offer is only play official patches.,

Just seen this thread am a bit concern because am in 2017 and i have just got my first crash dump and yes every think is up to date what shall i do.

im sure you can just delete the crash dumps folder and then get on with it?

hi am getting a new pc next week just had 2 crash dumps this week do they copy over to another pc or stay on this one please pm if you have any advice i dont want my new pc to be infected by crash dumps.

HELP!!! I tried all you said, but I can' t find APP folder...

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

The only file 'SETTINGS' with the similar location I found is this:

D:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\data

Should I delete it?

Well I got this error yesterday. It was effecting my longest game and the game I was really into so was pretty ******. Tried everything that was said on the net from deleting crash dump file to going on steam and doing hat verifying stuff. Did this for a couple of hours yet nothing worked. I then renamed my saved the game that was effected; saved it every single day until I passed the 'crash dump day'...haven't crash dumped(lol) since.

Not sure what the reason for the error going away is but it has thankfully.

my fm crash evrytime I play for 6 hour or so, it always crash then blue screen, it happened when my team is on action. any1 kno the problem???

crash dumps

mine comes up saying
'A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in FARRELLS-PC/C:/users/george/documents/sports interactive/fm 2010/crash dumps'

what do i do?

i have deleted the settings folder restarted my laptop and still no luck any help please

Has anybody successfully fixed a crash dump and managed to continue after the date?

I just renamed the saved game and put it in a different folder, No crash dumps since!

I only ever get crash dumps if i'm on holiday.....some might say don't go on holiday, but i'm not 15(27 btw)anymore and have a full-time job and a 2 1/2 year old, so unfortunately the days of staying up till 4am playing this are long gone!!!!

Usually holiday between end of season to pre-season but quite common for crash dumps.....never had them whilst 'playing' the game tho

Anyone else experienced this?

Oh ****, I got 'crash dumps'... I tried everything you said, but nothing works... Anyone?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Btw, I'm playing with edited database and with patch 10.3.0...

Oh ****, I got 'crash dumps'... I tried everything you said, but nothing works... Anyone?

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Btw, I'm playing with edited database and with patch 10.3.0...

which database?

I'm getting Crash Dumps every 20 minutes,I can play just 2 matches and then I have to restart the game..any ideas?