Crash Dumps Prevention and Solutions

One database from this site... Why do you ask? Do you have any idea how to fix it?

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I started a new game and I got 'crash dumps' in pre-season period... I haven't found a solution, so I started a new game again... But, guess... The game again crashed... I really need a help!!!

i have only ever had two crash dumps, and these were only when i clicked to view players profiles and view there attributes, all i did to fix was search for any pictures or backgrounds of that person delete reload and game works fine and can view profile then upload another picture or background and all is ok,

I used to get crash dumps constantly, every couple of games. The thing is I still wanted a fairly large game.

I found the answer for me was to turn off my player pictures and since then the game hasn't crashed once.

All depends what you value most in the game, but I don't really care for the profile pictures and this way I still have 80,000 plus players and a fair few leagues on a not too special laptop.

i have never had any crash dumps on FM10 - i have over 60 edited data files (made for others and not deleted) and over 40 save game files (most used for testing DBs, again not deleted) my longest save is in 2043 and i have two other saves in the early 2020s. My 2043 save has had FMRTE used on it almost everytime i've played it and i've never had any problems.

I used to have all sorts of problems with crash dumps on FM09 tho, think i just got lucky with FM10 - great guide the Hig (H)

Thanks for the advice. Suffering awful amounts of crash dumps at the moment and have uninstalled and reinstalled Java, unticked a few things in game, removed unnecessary files and removed a FMRTE file I didn't know I had. Thank you very much. :)

Hello everyone..

I am currently playing in 2026-27 season

but suddenly an error appears : 'A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in C:/users/george/documents/sports interactive/fm 2010/crash dumps'

this totally closes the game!!

what should I do?????????

I am using Win XP

not using Steam to run game....

any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am playing FM10 without any help of editors..

hey,.... my footy manager keeps crashing and i keep getting this pop up

fm 2011 v11.0.0.151865

can anybody hel me out i have no idea what to do :) thanks

snromero

Are you on the latest patch? I was having crash dumps when i upgraded to patch 11.3 and so i reinstalled my game and went back to 11.2.1 and it's fine now.

Firstly thank you for the very useful information which I hope will work ,as crash dumps are driving me crazy.( its not just the frustration of losing the game its the cleaning up that has to be done afterwards

Some clarification please ( I am a bit confused by some of the "double negatives" in your instructions )

I am correct that the following boxes should all be "unchecked" ie have the tick removed

USE SKIN CACHE
ENABLE DATA COLLECTION
PLAY SOUNDS
ENABLE 3D MATCH CAMERA
THREADING

The Save modes that should be selected are

EVERY WEEK
3 FILE ROLLING AUTO SAVE

The Display Mode should be set to

WINDOWED

I cannot seem to find where to set the instruction,
please can you indicate where this is

MINIMIZE and MAXIMISE EVERY HOUR

Are you also suggesting that it is preferable

TO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF DATABASE EDITOR

I am very clear about not using more than 10 Leagues (which means its going to be harder to set up Reserve /u18 friendlies )

As the "recommended setting" is for 27000 players I am assuming that ideally one should play with an even smaller database.
What is your advice in numerical terms for a "safer" database size ? When you say SLOW I assume you meant SMALL.

Since starting this thread have any other useful tips and suggestions come to light that you feel merit incorporation in your already excellent list

---------- Post added 30/06/2011 at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 29/06/2011 at 09:38 PM ----------

Just had my 23rd Crash Dump and that after setting up the game as per TheHigs instructions with 8 leagues + 18000 players plus shutting off "player faces"
Playing the basic 11.0 CD on a brand new PC purchased specifically to have enough ompff to play FM .
Have kept a log of the dumps
They ALWAYS occur on the player page with "submit team" when I click on the TACTICS button to make last minute adjustments.

Its a real pity as I think FM is potentially a superb game .. but my patience is now wearing very thin .

Is it crashing because I havent downloaded any patches ?

TheHig;396128 [B said:
What Do I do If I get Crash Dumps[/B]

Your playing your game, you process to next day but BAM, you get the Crash Dump message your game shuts down, your screwed.
You may be able to load your game again doing the following

1) Go to APP Data folder, and delete your CACHE and SETTINGS Folders. (you will need to enable hidden folders to do this) its normally under you user name, then APP data, then Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2010 and there are the folders to delete.

2)Once you have done this restart your PC, start Football Manager, and your game should load.
If it does immediately go to Save as, and save it, then Save as again and make another back up.

Once you have done that read the first section, your error will have been caused by one issues explained above.
If your game crashed while saving you can try to recover, but I'm afraid its likely to be corrupt.
All information I have provided is a combination of Official SI Help, and my own Research. Please post in this thread if you having Crash Dump errors.

I did everything that says there,but i still get crash dumps when loading a save...help me pls..

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

I cant load any save...its catastrophic....some1 help me ?i was in 2015,and i will not start again

Hi All

This was a guide for 2010 crash dumps, it seemed to work for a few people on the 2010 version, I'm not to sure how different 2011 crash dumps problem is, obviously its a different kettle of fish if my recommendations are not preventing people from getting the error.

I have done no research on Crash Dumps in 2011 because I have never had an issue with this game, sorry I may not be much help from now on.

As you will see from earlier posts I was plagued by Crash Dumps.
A very, very basic solution that has worked for me is to check the TASK MANAGER and make sure no other programmes are running,
Since doing this I have had no problems including a big game with 43000 players , TV , player photos etc

I have big problem with FM 2012 on Windows 7...I installed game regularly and last patch. I have direct x, java and Net framework but when I try to start game it starts and than crash on loading screen without any message.

did anyone had this issue and how you solve it? Does anyone have idea what can be a problem?

cant solve my crash dumps got loads

got about 12 games that all crash at the same (just after my 5th league game)
ive tried delecting the cache and settings folders and that doesnt work

if anyone can help plz send me an email to [email protected]
or reply to this post tnx
****** fustrating

I keep getting the crash dump happening at the same place. I go to next day and its fine continue one more day and bam crash dumps. can I now no longer progress in this game. I unchecked all the things and still doesnt work