gford

Reaction score
can someone give me some advice on how i stop rash dumps?was around 12 games into my save when i saved it to turn it off and the crash dumped appeared,then after that i got an error message loading up,so only option i got was to delete the save..is there any steps i should now take to ensure that this problem wont happen again,or minimise it anyway?i dont wanna start up a new game for it to happen all over again..many thanks

same problem. On to my 3rd season and at the back end of July and keeps crashing, try it again and few days after restarting it crashes again!!

For starters, always use a 3-file rolling autosave, usually every week, if not month. This means you won't lose much if a file does go corrupt :)

But crash dumps are not the actual error, they are just a report on when an error occured. So what is happening when the message pops up? does it mention anything about a line being not well formed?

(If you can find out what it said, I should be able to help :) )

Not sure of the exact message, just keeps minimising the screen and saying there is a problem before closing the game down

For starters, always use a 3-file rolling autosave, usually every week, if not month. This means you won't lose much if a file does go corrupt :)

But crash dumps are not the actual error, they are just a report on when an error occured. So what is happening when the message pops up? does it mention anything about a line being not well formed?

(If you can find out what it said, I should be able to help :) )

on fm12 i always had 2 saves so if one file got corrupted i used other save then saved again so didnt lose alt,but on this occasion i didnt do it...doh!! im unsure what the messaged said tbh,all i know is it crashed when i was saving game...in future ill keep my eye as to what the message said(hopefully i dont get many more) thanks for the reply

Heres the message that appears, any ideas?

View attachment 292363

It doesn't mention any parsing errors or 'unformed lines' so you shouldn't need to edit any files. Reinstalling it should work fine, but I am afraid the save will be gone :(

Also make sure to copy and tactics, shortlists, views, etc you have made, as it might delete them!

It looks like something has gone wrong with the game. Started a new save and it crashed at 27th July and that's only just starting a new game so what is it about this date?