Crashing when trying to play a match.

cooper795

Reaction score
Well, to start with, recently, when I've been playing FM, once every few days, a blue screen of death has been appearing. This only happens when I play FM, although I'm not sure if that's because it is FM causing the problem, or because most of my time on the computer is spent on FM, I use ther PC for little else.

Anyway, this blue screen appeared yesterday, and when I tried to reload the game (it usually works fine if I restart my computer and then reload FM), I tried pressing the spacebar to head into a game and I get the message: 'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml' and the game minimises and I can't maximise it again.

In an attempt to solve this issue, I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it from steam, and then got rid of all graphics packages I'd downloaded. Another strange thing was that when I moved the graphics packages to my desktop from the SI file (rather than delete them), all grpahics, club logos, player faces etc, disappeared completely rather than the default ones taking their place. Any even when I've gotten rid of the graphics, the same message still appears.

Does anybody have any idea how I fix this, or has it happened to anyone before? :(

Thanks

Have you tried the verify file thing you get through steam? Just to make sure theres no corrupted files