Craving The Cottage - From The Drop To The Top

May 2013 and End of Season Awards

View attachment 373125

Strong end to the season.
Berba hits a hattrick as Bernard shines.
Four dropped points, however.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Fulham 5 - 2 Stoke

Berbatov(3), Bernard, Hangeland

Amazing performance here. 1-0 to 1-1, then 2-1 to 2-2, however we pulled away after the break and ran riot.

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Fulham

Hughes, Hangeland

Felt we deserved a win here. 2-0 up within 10 minutes but Villa fought back and we just couldn't finish them off.

Southampton 1 - 1 Fulham

Bernard

Again, we failed to kill off the game when we were in control. 1-0 up for most of the game only for Southampton to strike an equaliser in the 90th minute.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 373119View attachment 373118

9th place. Not too bad given our expectation of 13th and our objective for the season was mid-table, but I definitely feel that if some of those games where I dropped needless points had gone our way, we'd have been looking at Europa League at the Cottage next season. A little disappointing, but it's a good position to build on for next year. Berba and Hangeland bossed the player stats for us, the Bulgarian striker so close to the top scorer award. (Him and RVP also came 2nd and 1st in the European Top Scorers too.) Plus, I earnt a new four-year deal with the Cottagers for my efforts.

Squad

View attachment 373120View attachment 373121
Generally, the team played well for their expectations, but I'm looking for them to improve for next year and push for Europe. Hughes was incredible for a 17 year old in the heart of my midfield and Bernard seems to be coming on in leaps and bounds. Ruiz and Steklenburg really flopped this season it seemed, especially with the latter losing his position to Stockdale for most of the year. Maupay didn't live up to the high expectations, but he'll get more chances especially only at the age of 16.

Manager's Player of the Year

Dimitar Berbatov

View attachment 373122

Who else, save maybe Brede Hangeland? Berba's 24 league goals helped us massively, and he could've had much more if he hadn't gone on the drought between March and May. The fact he came so close to Top Scorer shows his importance for the team, and grabbing 11 assists along with that also impressed me.

Manager's Young Player of the Year

Will Hughes

View attachment 373123

At only 17 he has massively impressed me. Along with his fine performances this year, netting eight goals and getting eleven assists in thirty-six appearances, he has cemented his place as an England U21 regular. Hopefully the lad isn't far off his England senior debut.​

Solid first season pal ninth isn't bad!! Berba is such a beast.

August 2013 and Transfers

View attachment 373736

Season off to a stuttering start.
Victory in the 2nd Round of the COC.
Movement both in and out of the club.

Transfers

View attachment 373720

I decided to let a number of players leave, mostly to lower the wage cost and to allow unhappy players to leave. Petric left after one season, he never really impressed me enough for another contract and he was going downhill fast. Marx also left, back to Germany after his replacement came into the club. I raided recently relegated Southampton for two of their star men, one who was listed and the other who I've been trying to get for a while now.

New Signings:

Morgan Schneiderlin
View attachment 373717
Listed by Southampton after their relegation for just under £10m, I beat Spurs to his signature. His arrival spelt the end of Marx's Fulham career.

James Ward-Prowse
View attachment 373718
A player I've had my eye on for a long time now, I had a £9m bid rejected last year but the Saints accepted £6m this time around.

Stefan De Vrij
View attachment 373716

A versatile defender, offered at just over £10m and with good ability and the potential to get even better.

Facundo Ferreyra
View attachment 373719
A player I'd heard little about, I decided to grab him after a friend recommended him and Petric left, leaving me relatively light in attack. Plus, Berba's only really going to go downhill now and my prospects are still a season or two from being reliable regulars.

Fraser Forster
View attachment 373715
Decided to sign him after Steklenburg's horrific year last year, and I know Stockdale isn't really top-half class no matter how well he did last year.

League

Everton 3 - 0 Fulham

Really don't know what happened here. Three-nil down after half an hour and then the Toffees froze us out of the game.

Fulham 1 -3 Manchester United

Hughes

Thought we had a chance after Hughes pulled one back early in the second half, but RVP killed us off a short while after. On the plus side, Hughes is looking really sharp.

Arsenal 1 - 2 Fulham

De Vrij, Hughes

Yes! Finally, a good win against big opposition. We went behind but two late goals from De Vrij, netting his first Fulham goal, and that boy Will Hughes secured us the win.

Capital One Cup

Tranmere Rovers 0 - 2 Fulham

Hughes, Bernard

we looked to be struggling towards extra-time, as seems to be the usual against lower-league opposition, but two goals in the last fifteen minutes from Bernard and Hughes killed off the League One side.

Monthly Report

Tough loss against Everton in the league balanced out by the victory over Arsenal at the Emirates. I always expected to lose against United, and it's always nice to still be in the cup. All in all, a decent month.

Table, August 2013

View attachment 373714

Player of the Month

Will Hughes
View attachment 373735

3 goals in 4 games from attacking midfield. It's hard to believe he's still just 18 years of age with some of the performances he gives.

Last edited:
September 2013

View attachment 373788

Much improved in the League.
Victory against Boro gives us a winnable draw against Cardiff.
Only one goal conceded all month.

League

Fulham 1 - 1 Aston Villa

Maupay

Benteke looked to have won it for them, but Maupay equalised with his 1st goal of the season from the bench with five minutes to go.

Fulham 3 - 0 Norwich City

Kadlec(3)

Off to a fantastic start with Vaclav Kadlec netting twice within five minutes, Norwich began to fight back into the game but Kadlec completed his hattrick 15 minutes from the end to kill them off.

West Ham 0 - 1 Fulham

Kadlec

That man again, Kadlec scored what proved to be the winner in the second half. Both teams had a goal disallowed in the last five minutes, both Maupay and former Fulham man Matty Briggs seeing their strikes ruled out.

Capital One Cup

Fulham 3 - 0 Middlesborough

Ferreyra, Hughes(2)

A good win, Ferreyra picking up a knock after scoring the opener, but Hughes stepped in to net twice, setting up a 4th Round tie at home to Cardiff.

Monthly Report

All in all, a fantastic month. Seven points from nine in the league and two convincing victories over Norwich and Boro. Berbatov seems to have lost his place to the young strikers and Schneiderlin has been amazing in the centre of the park.

Table, September 2013

View attachment 373792

Player of the Month

Vaclav Kadlec
View attachment 373791

Four goals and an assist, including two match winning performances against Norwich and West Ham. Definitely coming of age this season, it seems.​

Going well, some nice signings too- de Vrij is immense in my Feyenoord save.

October 2013
View attachment 373975

100% record in the League this month.
Beat Cardiff AET for a quarter final draw against Swansea.
Forster looking solid between the sticks as my strikers run riot.

League

Swansea City 1 - 4 Fulham

Maupay(3), Kadlec

Massive win with Maupay netting a hattrick, but in realistic terms he could've had five and Kadlec could've had a hattrick. We tore the Welsh-based team apart here.

Fulham 3 - 1 Cardiff City

Maupay(2), Kadlec

Yet another brace from that young lad, hard to believe he's only 17 with the performances he's given this month.

Fulham 3 - 0 Newcastle United

Hangeland, Bernard, Maupay

A dominant win as we put together a real good run of form, Maupay again in on the action to make it 6 goals from 3 games for him this month alone.

Capital One Cup

Fulham 1 - 0 Cardiff City (4th Round AET)

Hughes

All over them, but it took until the first half of extra time to make a breakthrough. Will Hughes bursting in from the right flank to bury a 25 yarder into the bottom corner.

Monthly Report

Well, well, well. Those early season blues really seem to have been blown away as we've stormed into the top 4 in October. A tough month next month with Liverpool, Spurs and City to play, but I'm quietly hopeful.

Player of the Month

Neal MaupayView attachment 373973
Six goals. In 3 games. For a 17 year old in the Premier League. Need I say more?​

November 2013

View attachment 374022

Ride out a relatively difficult month with some fantastic results.
Beat our rivals with the help of a horrific goalkeeping error.
Unlucky not to take 3 points from Spurs.

League

Queens Park Rangers 0 - 2 Fulham

[video=youtube;aivU47hIXKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivU47hIXKM[/video]

Berbatov(2)

Good win over our rivals, but it appears Julio Cesar forgot how to football.

Liverpool 2 - 0 Fulham

Out unbeaten run comes to an end with a loss at Anfield. Two quick first half goals took the points for them.

Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 2 Fulham

Bernard, Ferreyra

Ugh. We looked to have won it after coming back from an Ayew penalty in the first half to lead 2-1 with 5 mins to go, but a Defoe dive in the 93rd min won them a second penalty to draw the game.

Fulham 2 - 1 Manchester City

Maupay, Berbatov

What a win. We went behind to a Fernandinho goal, but a Berbatov penalty two minutes later leveled the game. Maupay struck just before half-time and we held on for the win.

Monthly Report

I would've been happy with a win and three draws from this month, but two wins and a draw is a fantastic result, especially the win against the league leaders City.

Table, November 2013
View attachment 374021

Player of the Month

Dimitar BerbatovView attachment 374023

A good month for the forgotten man this season. It appears age has been catching up to him, but 3 good performances this month showed some of the form of last year.​

December 2013

View attachment 374087
Unbeaten run gets back on track.
Pressure kept on City at the top.
Maupay just keeps scoring.

League

Fulham 1 - 0 West Bromwich Albion

Hughes

An early goal from Will Hughes sealed this one in the end.

Fulham 1 - 0 Swansea City

Maupay

He grabs yet another goal to win this game, scoring on the half hour mark.

Nottingham Forest 1 - 5 Fulham

Lichaj OG, Ruiz, Maupay(2), Kadlec

A brilliant game, marred by the fact Digne got himself sent off within the first ten minutes, however we were already 2-0 up and cruising at that time.

Fulham 0 - 0 Stoke City

Simply put, a very boring 0-0 draw.

Chelsea 3 - 4 Fulham

Maupay(2), Ruiz, Berbatov

What a win at the Bridge! two penalties from Ruiz and Berbatov helped us along but it was a brace from that man Neal Maupay that won us the game over our rivals.

Monthly Report

Four wins and a draw, including that 7 goal thriller at Chelsea means we keep up the pressure on City at the top.

Table, December 2013
View attachment 374085

Player of the Month

Neal MaupayView attachment 374086

Five more goals to add to his tally this month. Ridiculously good form this season for a 17 year old.​

January 2014 and Transfers

View attachment 374178
Nine games this month really takes it out of the players.
League form wobbles as tiredness affects the team.
Beat Arsenal over two legs to set up a historic final against Manchester City.

Transfers

Ed De VisserView attachment 374175

Signed from PSV, this lad really looks the business for an 19 year old. Hopefully, he can follow in the footsteps of another Dutchman who came from there by the name of Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Mauro GeraldoView attachment 374176

Signed for just under £2.5m from Brazil, the versatile winger can play anywhere on the left side.

Stefan JansenView attachment 374177

Good keeping regens are hard to come by, and Jansen only cost me £3m.

League

Fulham 3 - 0 Wigan Athletic

De Visser, Mauro Geraldo, Maupay

The two debutants net a goal each and Maupay adds to his impressive tally.

Fulham 0 - 0 Sunderland

Another bore draw.

Fulham 0 - 2 Everton

The Merseyside team are quickly becoming my bogey team to beat this save.

Manchester United 2 - 1 Fulham

Maupay

We looked out of this, even after Maupay pulled one back midway through the second half.

Fulham 2 - 0 Arsenal

Byram, De Visser

Two quick goals from Byram and De Visser killed off Arsenal's hopes and we ran the game from then on, playing them for the third time this month.

Capital One Cup

Fulham 3 - 1 Arsenal (Semi-Final 1st Leg)

Bernard, Maupay, Koscielny OG

Bernard and Maupay netted in the first half to give us a two-goal cushion, Sanogo netted for an away goal for Arsenal but Koscielny's OG late on restored our lead.

Arsenal 1 - 0 Fulham (Semi-Final 2nd Leg)

Even despite the late Joel Campbell goal we won on aggregate and are through to Fulham's first ever COC final in their history, to play.... Manchester City.

FA Cup

Fulham 2 - 0 Swindon Town (3rd Round)

De Visser, Caprari

De Visser and Caprari both netted early on to give us a two goal lead, and from that we controlled the match.

Swansea City 1 - 0 Fulham (4th Round)

We looked drained from the multitude of games we'd played this month, and it was no surprise when Shelvey netted half way though the second half to cut our dreams of a cup double short.

Monthly Report

Our league form suffered an expected dip with the sheer number of games we had to play, but getting through to the COC final is a massive lift to the month's prospects.

Table, Jan 2014

View attachment 374174

Player of the Month

Ed De VisserView attachment 374175
The new signing from PSV has hit the ground running, scoring 3 and setting up 1 in his first month at the club.

Last edited:
February 2014

View attachment 374208

League form returns with an unbeaten month.
European football is secured for next year.
Fantastic performance against City in the COC final.

League

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Fulham

Ruiz, Maupay

Two goals within the first ten minutes ended up being enough to secure victory. We rode our luck in the 2nd half though.

Norwich City 1 - 1 Fulham

De Visser

Ugh. We took the lead with 8 minutes to go, but Norwich went staight up the other end and equalised.

Fulham 0 - 0 West Ham United

Another bore draw, really.

Fulham 4 - 0 Swansea City

Ferreyra(2), Hangeland, Maupay

Revenge for the FA Cup defeat, the team ran riot and destroyed Swansea here.

Capital One Cup

Manchester City 1 - 3 Fulham (Final)

Kadlec, Ruiz, Maupay

What a game. We took the lead in the first 10 minutes through Kadlec, and held the lead until half time. Aguero equalised for them from a corner just after the restart, but Ruiz buried a free kick on the hour to put us back in front. Maupay sealed a historic victory ten minutes from time with yet another goal from the teenage hitman.

Monthly Report

A brilliant month, undefeated in the league and that victory over City! It means we'll be back in the Europa League at the very least next year.

Table, February 2014

View attachment 374207

Player of the Month

Neal Maupay
View attachment 374209

Yet again he wins this award. Fantastic performances including 3 goals this month.

Doing so well this season buddy!

March 2014

View attachment 374393
Good league form with 4 wins in 5.
Top four position is consolidated.
Intake is lackluster, but Maupay keeps scoring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Cardiff City 1 - 4 Fulham

Kadlec(3), Maupay

Kadlec runs riot, Maupay grabs a goal and two assists as well.

Newcastle United 0 - 3 Fulham

Bernard, Mauro Geraldo, Maupay

The first half was goalless, but the team ran the game in the second half.

Fulham 2 - 0 Queens Park Rangers

Maupay(2)

The match looked to be heading for a draw but Maupay struck twice in the last 15 minutes for the win.

Manchester City 3 - 0 Fulham

Well, after the COC victory which was now looking like a bit of a fluke. We simply didn't turn up.

West Bromwich Albion 0 - 2 Fulham

Maupay(2)

Another two goals from the 17 year old hitman. He's had an incredible season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Report

Four wins from five and an expected loss against City. Maupay just keeps scoring but surprisingly he also leads the assists charts too! Unfortunately, our intake was nothing to write home about.

Table, March 2014
View attachment 374391

Player of the Month

Neal MaupayView attachment 374392
Six more goals to his tally and a number of assists.

April 2014

View attachment 374419

Maupay picks up a knock but De Visser steps in
Three wins from five in the League.
Champions' League secured for the first time in Fulham's history.

League

Fulham 1 - 1 Liverpool

Caprari

Came back to draw with the Merseyside club, they scored with only 1 SOT however.

Fulham 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

Gonna just add Spurs to Everton on our list of bogey teams.

Fulham 2 - 0 Nottingham Forest

Kadlec, Hangeland

Maupay picked up a knock early on but Kadlec stepped in. Hangeland added a second late on to secure the win.

Stoke City 0 - 1 Fulham

De Visser

A late goal from the Dutch teenager completed a needed win.

Wigan Athletic 1 - 3 Fulham

De Visser(2), Hughes

De Visser keeps up his scoring form and Hughes added a third in the last minute.

Monthly Report

Two dropped points against Liverpool in a game we could've won, but other than that it was a good month. De Visser looks really impressive. Also...
View attachment 374416

Table, April 2014

View attachment 374417

Player of the Month

Ed De VisserView attachment 374415
Three goals as he steps in to replace the injured Maupay.

May 2014 and End of Season Awards

View attachment 374449

Two wins from two in the last month of the season.
Come SO CLOSE to the title after all.

League

Fulham 1 - 0 Chelsea

Kadlec

Another goal from Kadlec who's played mostly in Maupay's shadow this year, but he's impressed nonetheless.

Sunderland 0 - 3 Fulham

Kadlec(3)

Maupay returned from injury and set up two goals for the Czech striker as he netted a hattrick to end the year.

Final League Table, Awards and Player Stats

View attachment 374425View attachment 374421View attachment 374422View attachment 374423View attachment 374424
3rd place, in the end. Maupay bossed the player stats for us this year, finishing Top Goalscorer, Top Assist-er(?), and third in the top ratings. Hangeland impressed yet again, he is truly Mr Consistant. Forster came second in the Golden Glove and I took the runner up in the Manager of the Year. We finished just behind City and Chelsea, which brings to mind... what if Defoe hadn't had dived in the last moments of the game against Spurs in October..?

Manager's Player of the Year

Neal Maupay View attachment 374441View attachment 374440
What a season for the young lad. Absolutely shocked he didn't make the French squad after taking the Premier League by storm. He did pick up his first French cap, along with a number of awards.

Manager's Young Player of the Year

Lucas DigneView attachment 374442View attachment 374443

I could've given this award to Maupay as well but I decided against it. Digne was one of those players, seemingly less important to the team than other players, but his absence just seemed to really impact the team a lot more than others.​

Maupay on fire! do you reckon you can hang on to him if some of the giants come sniffing about?

Maupay on fire! do you reckon you can hang on to him if some of the giants come sniffing about?

Probably, I mean short of the big Euro clubs we're now one of the bigger clubs in the UK, I mean LFC, Arsenal and United have slipped quite a bit so far.

Insane season pal well done!!!

Been fixing up my PC last couple of days, still have the save don't worry but I've been unable to play or update. Hopefully should be back to regular service either today or tomorrow :)

August 2014 and Transfers

View attachment 376848

League form keeps up despite a loss.
A number of players leave.
Two big-names join on bargain deals.

Transfers:

View attachment 376837View attachment 376838

A lot of lads left this year, namely Riise, Poli (after a torrid time since signing), Steklenburg and Berba. Riise and Berba were getting too old to be useful, and I got good prices for the other two who flopped. A lot of the youth prospects also went out on loan. Coming in as replacements, I had Moya and Jordy Clasie on frees, a number of young talents on the cheap, namely Matty Convery who looks an absolute beast. And then onto the major deals of the summer...

The double raid of none other than Real Madrid, as a total of £9m was spent bringing in first transfer-listed Xabi Alonso, a fantastic midfielder even at his age, and then an absolute steal... Gonzalo Higuain on a free transfer after he was released by the Galacticos.

Gonzalo Higuain
View attachment 376842

Xabi Alonso
View attachment 376839

Matty Convery
View attachment 376843

Jordy Clasie
View attachment 376841

Miguel Angel Moya

View attachment 376840

League

Bolton Wanderers 0 - 3 Fulham

Maupay(2), Kadlec

Nice way to start the season. Kadlec opened the scoring and Neal Maupay kept up where he left off with two goals.

Fulham 2 - 0 Arsenal

Maupay, De Visser

Maupay put us into the lead just after the hour and Ed De Visser secured the win in injury time.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Fulham

Kadlec

We came undone against the team that narrowly finished above us in the league last year. Two penalties didn't help out cause as Hazard netted a hattrick.

Monthly Report

Well, a decent month with a good win over Arsenal. Unfortunate to lose against Chelsea but sometimes games just really don't go your way. Alonso and Schneiderlin look great in the centre of midfield and Higuain's picked up a knock pre-season and is only just getting back to fitness.

Player of the Month

Vaclav Kadlec
View attachment 376847

Two goals and a couple of assists this month, good performances even with Neal Maupay already back up to form.