Goldsbury27

Reaction score
How far have people taken Crawley?

I am currently half way through my first season sitting top of the league so promotion is looking likley, has anyone any tips for the first season in league one or tips for the future?

Regards

I'm currently playing as Crawley Town as they are my local club - I'm in year 2017 and got promoted to League One in the first season however I spent the next 5 years stuck in League One as I found it hard to lower wage bill/build stadium but I eventually got promoted to Championship and doing ok there but still having stadium problems (currently in a temp. stadium whilst a new stand is built).

I'd suggest to just grab the free agents ASAP but probably don't expect to get promoted to Championship in first season. If anything it is probably best to sit in League One for a bit while your club settles and tries to build the stadium etc. as it is a very small stadium.

Thanks

cheers mate any players that develop in that time? just so i know who to replace etc.
Do the board automatically start work on a new stadium as soon as you are promoted?

thanks

Who did you sign to begin with? I am about to start and was wondering who are the best LLM players

Ive started one with Crawley aswell as it my local team even though I'm a die hard gooner I thought itd be more of a challenge.
Bought Marlon Harewood for 200k..scored 37 goals in league 2,got me promoted, then my board accepted an offer of 650k from
Stoke :( so he's now gone to the prem. Need a good league 1/championship striker! Got a CM called Norwood that Man Utd offered me on a free, he's looking pretty good. And another youngster from City called Chantler I think,he's not bad.

I got to the Prem in 4 seasons, key is to get the free's- like Norwood, Davide Petrucci from Man Utd in second season- But I had a board take over whilst in League 1 where the Director bought the club and is pretty generous with the finances! Now in 2016 and have Van Der vaart, Ibrahimovic, Baheback, Bodmer, Gibson (on frees) Faurlin, Granero, Affelay, Adam Johnson, Rafinha, Enyeama, Kilgallon, Bonucci, Van Persie and Mascherano (all quite old, but it is possible!) Staidum now at 15,000 as well which was all enforced by the board.

I got promoted to league 1 and now half way through sitting 2nd in the league. The free agents are defo the best and only option really.

My starting 11 is: GK Rob Elliot (free Newcastle) RB Wilson CB Dean Leacock (Free Derby) CB Claude Davis LB Talbot (40k Scottish team) DM James Wallace (Free Everton) CM Gareth Williams (Free Agent) CM Davis ALM Torres/James O'Shea (free MK Dons) AMR Lee Croft (free Derby)/Alberti (Free QPR) ST Dessevi (Free Agent)

As you can see I have created a team pushing for promotion at the moment after 20 games in league 1 by spending 40k. I have also experienced a take over recently and there was an indication i was going to be replaced but they ended up keeping me becuase i am doing so well. No new funds at the moment but i'm in November and will see in January if i recieve a good transfer budget.

JG

Dessevi is banging them in atm for me he was a free agent at the start of the game and has scored about 12 in 20 games which isn't bad to say hes in his 30's. I get goals from all over the team Davis in mid scores regular and the two CB chip in from corners/free kicks. the Attcking wingers also score goals O'shea, Croft and Alberti all frees in 2nd season