Not open for further replies.

I3east

Reaction score

attachment.php

Crawley_badge.png

Full name - Crawley Town Football Club
Nickname(s) - Red Devils, The Reds
Founded - 1896
Ground - Broadfield Stadium, Crawley (Capacity: 4,996 (1,150 seated))
Chairman - Victor Marley
Manager - Steve Evans
League - Conference National
2009–10 - Conference National, 7th

Evans Retires

_42400089_steve_evans416.jpg

Blue Square Premier's Crawley Town have today been shocked by the decision made by Steve Evans to step down from his position at the Broadfield Stadium. Evans stepped down because he felt he needed to spend more time with his family in Cheshire. Evans had been at Crawley since 2007 after he was sacked from Boston United and just two days later joined the Red Devils. Evans was known to of had a temper on him and in the 2008-2009 season he was issued a 10 game ban for abusive language. Evans had been in charge of Crawley for 150 games winning 61, drawing 38 and loosing 51.

Steve Evans said:
I take this decision to retire with my deepest thoughts. I have loved my time here at Crawley and i wish i could stay on as manager but that just can't happen. My family need me and they have to come first over my career. I am regretting leaving already actually but thats life for you. I wish them all the best in the future and i hope that they gain promotion into the football league.

Bookmakers odds

Paul Sturrock - 5/1
Joseph Southern - 10/2
Paul Gasgoine - 20/1
Gary Megson - 100/1

gascoigne21.jpg

Will Gasgoine return to football ?

Last edited:

attachment.php

Southern joins Crawley

46571_485362023326_584323326_6858043_5359099_n.jpg

Southern is looking to steer Crawley up the football league

Former Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham United first team coach Joseph Southern has today been named the manager of Blue Square Premier outfit Crawley Town. Crawley had been without a manager after former boss Steve Evans retired from football management. Southern, 31, had been looking into further management and apparently applied for the vacant job at Sheffield Wednesday before Irvine took over.

Joseph Southern said:
I am delighted to be at this small but great club, they have a big fan base to say they are not in the Championship or anything, the fans always get behind the team whenever they play wherever they play. They have some good players and i am looking forward to working with them. I feel the club needs some new , fresh legs and i will look into that. I am hoping one day i will return to Sheffield Wednesday but at this moment in time i am going to put my all into getting Crawley into the football league

If you are a Crawley Town fan why not get in touch with us at - http://www.bluesqfootball.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.