noobito

Reaction score
Anyone else getting crazy offers for very average players since the update, Just won promotion with Leeds in first season and have just accepted 3 bids for Soulemane Doukara of 15 million from PSV, Spurs and Roma, This is a player who before 15.3 i would release on a free if i couldnt get anything for him once promoted, Now all of a sudden hes a 15 million pound player, I admit he had a amazing season for me scoring 38 goals in 45 games with 20 assists thanks to Billy Sharps 6 month injury, Speaking of Billy Sharp hes another average player sold to West Brom for 10 million despite his 6 month injury, He did manage to grab 8 goals and 3 assists in the final few month of the season but i was lucky to get 3 or 4 million for him before the update, I'm not complaining its great news for me but is this a common thing............I had a feeling something was off when i actually managed to SELL Steve Morison!.

View attachment 296652View attachment 296651View attachment 296650View attachment 296649

Gah stupid clubs keep bidding so hes not sold yet, Current bid is now 15.25m from Napoli......and now Antenucci is wanted man for 5m, Great so i'm about to lose all three of my strikers for a grand total of 30 million, Considering their worth maybe 5 million combined on a good day thats a great bit of business, Now if only Spurs would **** off trying to lowball me on Byram, Come of if you can offer 15 million for Doukara do you really think i'll accept 14.5m for Byram.

Edit: Went to Napoli for 15.25m.

Last edited:
I also won promotion with Leeds last night, but I didn't seem to receive any crazy bids for any players really.

Yeah i think their current form might have something to do with it, Atleast i would hope so i know we all want to sign wonderkids but that doesnt happen in the real game, I dont think i've ever seen anyone from the lower leagues slowly move up to the top level in football manager and i've been playing a good while now, Where are the Lamberts, Beckfords, Vardys ect who come from non-league or lower league to end up in the premiership, I'm hoping that is the case with Doukara, Sharp, Antenucci, Murphy, Players who had a real strong season for me and got noticed.

If i get a bid for a player i dont plan on selling i always ask atleast double his value, Failed when clubs tried to sign Bellusci, Bianchi, Silvestri, Byram (Ok i asked 40m for Byram but i never wanted to sell him), Austin too, Clubs came it just under or barely over value then pulled out, Then my players got mad because i wouldnt let them move on, Took me about 5 negotiations to get Napoli up to 15.25m for Doukara, 3 to get West Brom to 10m for Sharp and Antenucci took 7 trys, each time they would go up by 250k or something so once i got close to double value i accepted.

AI wants 55.000.000 for Romagnoli and 83.000.000 for Murru....this is beyond ******* ridiculous...

AI wants 55.000.000 for Romagnoli and 83.000.000 for Murru....this is beyond ******* ridiculous...

I had the same fee quoted for Murru in the old patch first season with AC Milan. Didnt bother but went back for him second season and got him for 4m

A 23 year old who scores 38 in 48 games with an avg rating of 7.94....

Not hard to see why they bid that much for him.

I've had some odd inquiry responses. e.g. asking about an 18 y/o regen, worth < 1M.

Response is something like fee £116M, then some add ons too just to take the ****!

Actually I bought Marquinhos and Digne for a total fee of €9M or something like that. Dunno why but when I start a game they're transfer listed.

A 23 year old who scores 38 in 48 games with an avg rating of 7.94....

Not hard to see why they bid that much for him.

By that logic my lower league striker should have actually found a club when his contract run out, Playing as Bradford Park Avenue, Got promoted to league 2 in third season, Chike Kandi was my top scored with 59 goals, 29 assists, 19 MoM awards, Average rating of 8.39 and only 21 at the time, Couldnt even find a new club once he was released on a free.

Doukara had a amazing season but hes still average in terms of stats, Before the update he managed 15-20 goals for me which is half of what he score this time around, His average rating will have been around 6.80 or something, He was loaned out in my second season to some lower league Italian side before being released on a free transfer.Antenucci sold for 5m this time around despite only scoring 6 goals and starting zero games all season making 29 appearances off the bench, As for Billy Sharp he managed 10 goals total all season and spent 6 month out injured and sold for 10 million, The same Billy Sharp who before the update was my top scorer in my promotion winning side who scored 31 goals and got sold on promotion to Leicester for 1.7 million.

That is what i mean by crazy fees since the update, I could understand if it was just Doukara i would put it down to his form from the season but 30 million for 3 strikers who managed 54 goals between them is silly money considering its the same three strikers who scored over 60 goals between them before the update and sold for a grand total of 2.7 million, Thats over 10 times for the same players who as a whole performed worse the second time around.