calcal

Reaction score
Hello Gaffa's!

I recently edited the english lower league database and put TNS from Wales into a local counties league to take them threw the leagues to the Prem,

End of the first season I was given a £18 million parachute payment???

From the Welsh premier?? Im gutted because I feel its ruined my save A little bit?

Should this be considered a bug of some sort???

Info taken from: Parachute Payments in the FA Premier League Explained

Parachute payments for relegated clubs

When Premier League clubs are relegated to the Championship they will receive payments from the Premier League called parachute payments.

What is the purpose of the parachute payments?

The purpose of the parachute payments is to ensure that the club can cope with reduced income from not being part of the Premier League and also the fact that many of the players remaining at the club will still be under contract on so called Premier League wages.

How much do clubs receive in parachute payments and how long do these payments go on for?

Up until the end of the 2009/10 football season clubs relegated from the Premier League would receive a £16 million per year over a total of two years. After this period of two years it was deemed that the club will have adjusted to the income from the Championship and may have been able to offload some of the players on high paid contracts.

Has there been a change to the rules?

There has been a change to the rules concerning parachute payments which will come into play in time for the 2010/11 English football season.

What is this change?

From the beginning of the 2010/11 football season the parachute payments provided to English or Welsh football clubs relegated from the Premiership will change to a total of £48 million to be paid over a total of 4 years.
This effectively means that the club will receive £12 million a year for 4 years.

Because TNS are listed as a Welsh team and you've dropped down from a Level 1 league, the game must assume that you were relegated from the Premier League and thus are entitled to Parachute Payments. Looks like an unexpected oversight.

Report it on the SI fourms as it could be usefull for them to know

Info taken from: Parachute Payments in the FA Premier League Explained

Because TNS are listed as a Welsh team and you've dropped down from a Level 1 league, the game must assume that you were relegated from the Premier League and thus are entitled to Parachute Payments. Looks like an unexpected oversight.

Report it on the SI fourms as it could be usefull for them to know

Makes sense, Cheers mate.