Crazy Transfer Fees- Receiving £43m for Jelavic!??

Eric the Red

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting crazy transfer fees for players on this game? I'm using the 15 database, and I just got offered £43 million for Jelavic, yes, that Nikica Jelavic by Arsenal at the end of the first season. It's ridiculous!! View attachment 295553

Basically what happened, was Arsenal made an enquiry for him. His value was £6m, but just to get the price up a bit, I suggested £20m. Now I was expecting them to reject that and offer something lower, like £10m or £12m instead, but no, they suggested £3m plus £17m over 24 months. As you can imagine, that was a bit of a shock for me, so I saved game, went back to my last backup save from a couple of days before, and tried again, wondering how crazily Arsenal were willing to bid for this real-life one-season-wonder journeyman with ties to the Croatian mafia.
So, I tried again, this time £25m, and they did the same thing: £3m + £22m (24months). Out of curiosity, I kept trying again, just to see how much Arsenal were willing to pay. What I got was this:

View attachment 295555
I mean, he had a crazy season as my backup striker, but surely that doesn't warrant that kind of price?! View attachment 295554

Now before you all wonder, I haven't edited him or anything. I haven't changed his stats, his reputation, and I'm not in control of Arsenal, that would be Villas-Boas (I'll put some proof in spoilers for anyone who wants to look). This is just how Jelavic is, and now I'm left with this potentially game-breaking transfer. I've never had anything like this before; I mean I just sold 37 goal Abel Hernandez to Monaco for £32m, but that's well within the parameters of normality. This, on the other hand, is just mad! I don't know whether to bite his hand off and take the offer, because I don't think it could ever happen in real life. Any thoughts? Anyone have any similar experiences?

Last edited:
LOL, I paid 7m for Reichedly Bazoer and sold him a couple of seasons later for 55m after he had a 10 goal 13 assist season. Happens all the time. Another low investment, high sell guy would be Pione Sisto. Minimum release clause of 2.5m. Give him a couple of good seasons and you can probably sell him for 40+/50+ million.

Pisto now has a £4.8Million release clause but i signed him £2.5m previous database and after 1st season i was getting £18m bids rejected obviously.

That's nothing, second year at West Ham brought in Zakaria Bakkali on a free, sold him 2 seasons later to Man City for 100 mil.

I keep on selling players for extremely high prices. Lucas romero in 7,5m sold for 52m one year later. Welbeck for 76m etc

Crazy fees seem common in my game, Signed Wisdom from Liverpool 2nd season with Leeds for 1.4, 3rd season they signed him back for 15.5 million, Signed Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for 725k as his replacement, Sold him the following season also to Liverpool for 25 million, Signed Andrea Belotti for 8m and sold him 3 seasons later to Barca for 50m, That one i understand since Belotti did score 100 goals in 109 games but in the final season he wasnt getting games since i was bleeding in regens.

Just been offer 54.5 million for Manolo Gabbiadini from Chelsea who cost me a massive 1.5 million, Barely played a game since joining but Chelsea have been chasing him for the past 2 seasons, Finally have a regen to take his place as backup so its a deal i can no longer refuse.

View attachment 294533View attachment 294532

I still prefer this to previous editions of fm, it seems like the AI is targeting players based on performance and not solely CA/PA.

I couldnt agree more, Performances actually seem to matter, Ofcourse they still target those based purely on CA/PA but those players who you normally use a gap fillers or backup can actually bring a profit if they perform well enough rather just letting their contracts run down i try and give them game time when the transfer window is coming up and hope they perform well enough to attract abit of interest.

I sold Patrick Roberts in the third Season to Manchester City for £60m! £40m upfront and £20m over 12 months!!!!

Wow, seems like everyone's getting this. £76m for Welbeck is slightly ridiculous though :p

Jedd95, I'd say Roberts could be worth £60m actually if he fulfilled his potential. He is a brilliant player!

And Leoforos and noobito, I couldn't agree more! It's realistic for AI to be interested in well performing players, even if SI might need to fix the exorbitant fees paid for them.