ZamboUK

Reaction score
Greetings,

Many months ago, I came up with an idea for an Edited database simulation game.
Basically, the premise was that I created a league full of clubs (we were all in the BSP) that were completely user created. You got to choose pretty much everything about your club, from the way they played football, to the colour and make up of their kits.

The original ideas can be found here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/editing/74113-zambos-create-club-idea-sign-ups-interest-topic.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/editing/74312-zambos-create-club-gameplay-discussion-topic.html

The simulation was a success, but I was lazy and couldn't keep up with the updates, as a result, it slowly fizzled away.

Expanding on the idea, I want to make a Network Game with the same basic principles. I'm not sure what exactly the details will be yet, but I plan to make some created clubs in the EPL and have our users run their very own clubs in a Network Game that I will run.

So what I want is, a show of interest from people who would be up for such a game. I'm open to new ideas, so I'd also be happy to hear about any ways you think such a game would be run and any improvements or changes you think a game like this should incorporate to make it a success.

Thanks for reading this.

Zambo

Hmm.. Not a bad idea at all. I've also toyed with the idea of this, and I was thinking of doing a game similar to Harriers' Create a Club/Draft game he's running at the moment.

I would be interested in joining though, and you have have my club details from the CaC game.

I was thinking of creating the clubs and then giving them a large transfer budget, but 0 wage budget.

That way, you have to adjust your own budgets and set aside your wages directly from your transfer budget.

I was thinking of creating the clubs and then giving them a large transfer budget, but 0 wage budget.

That way, you have to adjust your own budgets and set aside your wages directly from your transfer budget.

Good idea. Would all teams start in the EPL? And would we have to buy players, or have 18 created ones?

Good idea. Would all teams start in the EPL? And would we have to buy players, or have 18 created ones?

Yes, I would prefer to run the first game with only 3-5 players all in the EPL to begin with. If it's a success, then I'll happily adjust the parameters in subsequent games.
I was thinking to have all the created clubs with a large (say 500 mill) transfer budget, with a 0 wage budget and no players. (The game ALWAYS generates an U18 squad for every team anyway) that way you get a complete set of random newgens and you'll have players from the start, but they're all gonna be 16 years old and likely completely *****. You'd have to adjust how much of your 500 mill you want to set aside for wages and then use the remainder to invest in and improve your playing squad.

Danny, you'll have a spot reserved for you as you were a key follower to the original idea!

Yes, I would prefer to run the first game with only 3-5 players all in the EPL to begin with. If it's a success, then I'll happily adjust the parameters in subsequent games.
I was thinking to have all the created clubs with a large (say 500 mill) transfer budget, with a 0 wage budget and no players. (The game ALWAYS generates an U18 squad for every team anyway) that way you get a complete set of random newgens and you'll have players from the start, but they're all gonna be 16 years old and likely completely *****. You'd have to adjust how much of your 500 mill you want to set aside for wages and then use the remainder to invest in and improve your playing squad.

Danny, you'll have a spot reserved for you as you were a key follower to the original idea!

Ah, sounds good. Would fancy going in a lower league as I feel it would be more of a challenge, but the EPL is a good place to test. Maybe a future game with 1/2 in each top league (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)?

Cheers for the reservation, looking forward to it mate.

I'd love to join in if there are spots left :)

Was going to try doing one of these myself some time ago but never got around to it.

At the moment I just want a small player base to test the idea and make sure that the parameters I set are still competitive in the EPL, without making it a total free ride to the top.

I haven't decided on anything just yet. Danny and Germaniac, I'll count you guys in and use your old edit teams from the other topic?

At the moment I just want a small player base to test the idea and make sure that the parameters I set are still competitive in the EPL, without making it a total free ride to the top.

I haven't decided on anything just yet. Danny and Germaniac, I'll count you guys in and use your old edit teams from the other topic?

Yeah thats good man, looking forward to it!

Wasn't sure if you needed this, so I thought i'd do it anyway.

Club name: Pimp My Side FC
Short name: Pimps
Six letter name: P.FC
Nickname: The Wotsits
City: London

Stadium name: Stadio Smy
Located in: Islington

Home colours
Background: White
Foreground: Red
Outline: Black
Home kit style: Stripes

Away colours
Background: White
Foreground: Purple
Outline: black
Away kit style:

Third colours
Background: Red
Foreground: Green... :S
Outline: White
Third kit style: Stripes (Horizontal)

Formations
1st: 4-4-2
2nd: 4-3-1-2
Attacking: 4-3-3
Defensive: 5-3-2

Training: 8
Youth setup: 10
Youth academy: 12
Youth recruitment: 10

Tactical Attributes: Tempo - Use of playmaker

Yeah, I wanna use Armory