ankitd1994

Reaction score
So I re-created Wigan into a club full of wonderkids like Betancur, Mammana, Pavon, Lozano, Kovalenko etc. It's been a season and theyve walked League 1 by 20+ points with Pavon scoring 45 in all comps.

The thing is, all of these players were automatically signed to 2 year deals with release clauses of 10-15m for clubs in higher divisions. But when i try to give any of them a new deal, i simply get a message saying their work permit app was rejected a few days later.

Will I just have to wait it out this season in case they get a work permit? Will I lose all these players that cant be signed to new deals? Strange that they need a work permit for a new contract but not to play in League 1... Could anyone tell me a solution or clear the situation a little bit?

are they playing international game and meeting the criteria for a WP normally?

You can always add an EU nationality and a 2nd nationality and get round the rules. (if you have the IGE).

are they playing international game and meeting the criteria for a WP normally?

You can always add an EU nationality and a 2nd nationality and get round the rules. (if you have the IGE).

They're still too young and playing in too small a league to be selected for their countries so no, not enough international apps for sure. How do i get the IGE for this year's version? Thanks in advance though I think im just gonna do that since i didnt expect this problem to come up at all

EDIT: I know about FM editor but that doesnt load the in game database right? When i tried to open it the club I had created wasnt on the database

Last edited:
They're still too young and playing in too small a league to be selected for their countries so no, not enough international apps for sure. How do i get the IGE for this year's version? Thanks in advance though I think im just gonna do that since i didnt expect this problem to come up at all

Buy it through steam or you can buy FMRTE.