Yellaforeva

Reaction score
Hi guys Im quite new to football manager (this the first one i have bought), anyway yesterday i was having a look around the data editor and saw the function create a club. I just want to make my local club up and put them in the blue square south league.

I was just wondering has anyone ever created there own club and put them in the game, if so what do u have to do to place them in the league, do you have to 'nick' players from other clubs or can you start th game with no player, coaches and board?

any help would be appreciated

(H)

I love creating my own clubs its great fun!
To add them to a league you search the league you want and go to 'teams'. Select one of the teams in the leage (maybe lowest reputation?) and click 'swap'. Then you search your team and bingo your in the league and the team you swapped are non-league :D
Yeah you can start with no players, staff or board. You will start with no first or reserve players but will have a youth team of regens!
Hope it helps :D

tanks mate thats really helpful
but do you have to make up your own stadium?

Well I always make my own. I helped another guy with this before and when he shared a stadium with another club it didn't work so I would advise that you make your own!
Glad to have helped :D

Ok great! Also I sent you a Personal Message about a network game if your interested! Thanks!

you no longer have to nick players from other clubs, there is an option now when you create your game to "add essential staff" or something along those lines, you'll know it when you see it, and it will give you a squad, be warned though when i did this putting bishop auckland in the BSN all of the players were *****.

i think you'd be better off signing new ones pre season

thanks for thew tip
i just made up a coach
and 1 player and just left the rest
and i will sign new players in the pre season
you can call it cheating but i have norwich and barcelona as my parent clubs lol

Data editor..

I thought you could only create a club on fm live.

Where is data editor?

Last edited:
Does the game have a built in editor or do you have to download it?

hey . but it's take long time to make a club, many players, also staff .?

Is there an editor already on the game then? If so how do i access it?

when creating a club do you have to give yourself a transfer budget or do you automatically get given one once you start the game.

Dont even know how to create club. Is data editor in the game or do you need to download. If it is in the game how do you get to it?

to create a club you can use the data editor, you do not need to download anything.

to get to the data editor go into the start menu, sports interactive, football manager 2009, tools, and then data editor

once the data editor loads you need to choose a database, just click file and then load database, select default (it takes a long while to load)

you can now create players, staff, chairman, scouts, coaches, stadiums, citys, and clubs.

the best way to do it is just to fiddle around with it

once you have made your club you then just click save as to create a new database

you do not need to make up all the players and staff, when you start the game as the manager of your created club you will just have a load of youth players

if you need help just ask.

when creating a club do you have to give yourself a transfer budget or do you automatically get given one once you start the game.

i gave my team Drayton a big bank balance of 40,000,000
and i started the game and im worth 550k so yeah!!!!!!!!
maybe i done something wrong or it might be because im in the blue square south

but just try it mate and let me no how it goes

I went onto editor loaded onto default then how do you create team? I went onto clubs then at the top next to filter i typed in the team name, then i went to filter and typed in money stuff do you have to do anything else? Then when you save do you save into default again?

Thanks