Create new club...league cup never starts.

danks11

Reaction score
I've decided to create my own club n place them in the championship, done it many times before on previous games so know roughly how to work the editor.

Have done it by just swapping a lower blue square south team with my new club, n just swapping it up the ladder with the lowest reputation team in the league above until in the championship.

However this time, the league cup competition never starts or schedules the games for it, just says "competition is to be scheduled 8/7/11 and games starts on the 21/7/11" but they never start even if you go passed these dates.

Anyone know how to make this work? or why its not working?

Does it not start at all or are you not involved in it?

Did you swap any teams who might be involved in preliminary rounds in the first few days of the database starting (that will already be fixtured) thus confusing the game enough to scrap the league cup?

Have you got past season one, does the cup return in season two?

It doesnt start it all, its there, just doesnt start!

I've tried loads of different ways now, but basically, if you move any teams to a different division in any english leagues, the league cup doesnt start. I've tried just moving like leicester with charlton n gone to new game n done it, but it still doesnt start.

The original one with my new team, i got up to january n then realised it hadnt started.
So i havent tested to see if it starts in the second season!