Created Club - Path to the Premier League

MWEST94

Reaction score
The challenge here is to take my created team, based on my college team, to the Premier League and possibly Champions League; from League 1. All players start between 90 to 105 current ability and have potential ability between -7 to -10. I must try to get to the Premier League while trying to retain as many players as possible. With average facilities, lack of finance and small squad this challenge will be fun but quite difficult, depending on whether the players reach their potential and whether I can keep hold of the players.

I will be using the 13.3.0. database with the above changes. I will be posting monthly updates as well as player analysis to give you details of the players. Lets get started!

Last edited:

Portsmouth Extinct!
Portsmouth have gone into liquidation, forcing them to leave League 1. The FA have swiftly replaced them with a college football team who have been renamed Hove United. This has been met with mixed reactions with clubs from League 2 wanting to replace the liquidated Portsmouth.

Hove United, previously named Blatchington Warriors, surprised everyone last season reaching the fourth round of the FA Cup; considering their very low standings and are a college football team. They were bought out by local business man Tim Edwards who wants to push the club towards the Premier League through promoting players from the academy, rather than paying millions on foreign talent.

With England failings, both at senior and youth level, David Bernstein felt this system, the club has put in place, may help to promote better and more technical English players. Bernstein felt this factor was the main reason he choose them over League 2 clubs.

With Hove United being made up of college students can they defy all odds and not only survive in League 1 but get to the Premier League?

Last edited:

Neville in management
Shock filled the football world as Hove United chairman, Tim Edwards, announced the new manager as former Man United and England right back Gary Neville. Neville stated, “This is a unique but fantastic opportunity to take a college based football team to the Premier League. All the players are young and hungry for success and will only get better.”

With the new manager announced, Edwards has promised Neville funds considering the lack of depth in the squad but reiterated that the future of the club will be aimed at bringing players through the academy.

Player analysis:
West
View attachment 367550View attachment 367551

Position/s:
MC/ML/AMC/AML/WBL/ST

CA: 100
PA: -10

Similar player:

Iniesta

Key attributes:
Creativity, teamwork, passing, flair, free kicks

Player bio:
West, 18, is one of the creative players of the side. He and Ford will be the Xavi and Iniesta of the team trying to create chances for others to finish. He can play a variety of positions but his best position is at the heart of midfield where he can pull the strings. He has also showed his versatility for the team by playing at left back and striker. Although, West is primarily the playmaker of the side he possesses flair and skill which allows him to drift past players and possesses a mean free kick.