Created Nation Challenge - Have Your Own Country!

Tyler Berry

Reaction score
Created Nation Challenge
Detail:

A cluster of Islands somewhere off-the-coast of Great Britain, who are highly football-based and with a fierce rivalry with each other...are on a journey to become international forces and the king of the Great Isles

Either with a backseat or as an active online player we will attempt to make our nations the best and national club - in the same manner as San Marino and their national team. Each nation will have a domestic premier league, as well as a club in the 'Great Isles' Premier League.

Great Isles (League Reputation of 40 same as Andorran Premier League)

Consisting of these 16 nations clubs, where the top 2 will qualify for champions league as well as a 3rd-6th play-off for a Europa League spot, and a cup competition for a 4th and final Europa League spot.

Domestic Leagues (Around the same standard as the San Marino Domestic League)
The domestic leagues will be playable but have the 'add players to playable teams' option selected. Each nation will have an amateur team producing reasonable youth - like Queen's Park in Scotland, to give the nation some progression. The Domestic League winner will also qualify for CL, and will include a second team for all of the nations, however I wouldn't advise controlling this team until we are a few years in.

The Clubs (Of around the same standard as Lowestoft (1750 rep)
The clubs will have 30 created players added in, although names can be chosen - stats will be left down to the game, as will positions. However I'll work out an appropriate ability squad and use the same format for all 16 nations. The club will also receive a youth intake, obviously this will be your main progression as a club through upgrading these facilities, and poaching star players from your domestic leagues. It is likely that in your first season you will only have your squad and players from your youth intake, this will progress as the club progresses but it's likely to be a slow progress, so treat it as a youth challenge also.

National Stage (Rep of 2000) same as San Marino
Expected to be created mostly from your club players and the rare gem thrown up in the domestic league, the national stage will be a slow progress, because of the amount of nations added, I'm not sure how the game will react so don't expect too much in the way of being in the world cup. However as the nations get stronger, they should pick up more ranking points seeding them in these qualifying competitions - though I can't guarantee that.

Player Names
The only relevances of the extinct nation you take over is that you will carry their flag - and you will have their heritage of names passed through to your nations default players. The more player names you can give me, the more the nations names will be based around those (please note, this does make for some funny names in a few years time)

Rules:
- No knicking other nations players - it's just not in the spirit of the rivalry!
- Don't get TOO stroppy in the steam chat, keep it light-hearted!
(May add more here as I feel necessary

So to apply for a nation please use this template:
Nation Name:
Capital City
Language:
National Stadium:
Kit Colours:
National Club Name (Include Your Nation in the title):
National Reserves Name (For domestic League, include nation in title):
Player names (In order of ability, up to 30. If you don't pick 30, i'll think of names for the rest of yours, but it won't affect their ability):
Whether or not you want to play online (Will be after 10pm until late, mostly wednesday nights, and possibly other nights to be decided, but definitely Wednesday):

Nations:
Monaco - Isle of Bezza
Pre-1922 Ireland - Chappy Isle

C.I.S (Soviet States) - Nation 3
Czechoslovakia - Nation 4
East Germany - Nation 5
Soviet Union - Nation 6
West Germany - Nation 7
Zaire - Nation 8
Pays Basque - Nation 9
South Yemen - Nation 10
Yugoslavia - Nation 11
United Arab Republic - Nation 12
Upper Volta - Nation 13
Borneo Malay - Nation 14
West Malay - Nation 15
South Vietnam - Nation 16

Thanks guys, hope you take part. If you don't want to play online, and the nations are filled up, and someone comes in wanting to play online, then you may lose your spot to them (since they don't want to play with your nation)​

Last edited:
I'm fully aware this won't be everyone's cup of tea but have done this previously on fm and want to attempt it again this year.

The premise is simple; i'll edit out extinct nations (I think there are around 15) and make them playable as a completely new nation, of about the same reputation as Gibraltar, each nation would then have it's own domestic league and cup aswell as having an effective national team (like San Marino in Italy) in a larger league set up. This larger league set up could be a combination of everyone's teams which would make it very interesting.

This is obviously quite a complex db and gets harder the deeper it's gone into.
Right now i'm just looking for feedback and viable interest as either taking a backseat for a nation or playing the game actively alongside myself, the challenge being making the nation competitive.

Some issues this edit throws up:
- Regen names being of the local extinct nation (Often fixed by adding players in
- There being no players that aren't greyed out or added at the start of the game available to a country
- Getting the national teams into international competitions
- Flags remain as old country
- It's simply too big a file

Players is where i'm really looking for feedback. Should they be real players that have their nation changed (selected like a fantasy team) , created players with varying abilities, start the game 10 years in where clubs have started to produce youth for the nations or select the add players to playable teams at the start and that be it?

Cheers.
tylewoo97 (Steam Name)

I'd start the game a few years in, creating or changing players gives you too much power! Lol

There are ways of doing it fairly...toughest bit is thinking of x amount of names lmao!

Yea i suppose it would be, ive only got 1 daughter but it took us months to pick a name for her! Imagine if i had to name an entire country! *****

Well, however you go about it mate, i will watch with interest. Might even give it a go myself at some stage, always wanted to rule my own country lol