James8Wood

Reaction score
An idea I think would be enjoyable would be to take a team from America or Australia, two nations that have only recently been introduced to football/"soccer" and turn them into a franchise like Manchester United or Liverpool. For example a team like Newcastle United Jets from the A-League could be easily converted into a franchise as Australia is close to Asia and a lot of Asian people live in Australia. Having the likes of Emile Heskey on the roster could easily boost their popularity in Asia and England. Although Heskey has a lot of critics for his goal scoring record I myself like him as he was born in my city (Leicester) and also grabbed a lot of goals in his prime years at the foxes. Signing big names like Michael Owen, who has a brilliant working relationship with Heskey, could prove very beneficial to the club. However to do this I would need a pretty big wage budget which links back to my topic about the franchise as it would generate a lot of income to the club. Another thing I would like to do would be to produce home-grown Australian talent and maybe manage the national team. Another thing I would have to consider would be to sign players from China, Japan and England to increase the clubs popularity over seas.

would tke a lot of patience to sort this but go for it an let us know how it goes!

Good idea not sure what the wage budgets are like for the Australian league though ! Might give this a try myself sometime ! Keep us updated on how it goes :)

Good idea not sure what the wage budgets are like for the Australian league though ! Might give this a try myself sometime ! Keep us updated on how it goes :)
In real life I believe they have a wage cap in the A-League and one player is allowed over the wage cap. The following is taken from the A-League Wiki page. The league allows each team to have one "marquee" player whose salary is exempt from the salary cap. Notable marquee players in the A-League have included Dwight Yorke and Alessandro Del Piero, who signed for Sydney FC, on a two-year four million dollar deal, beginning in the 2012–13 season. Since the 2008–09 season, A-League clubs have been permitted a Junior Marquee player; one that is under the age of 23. The Junior Marquee can be paid up to A$150,000 above the salary cap. On 19 April 2010, the A-League announced that, in addition to the marquee and junior marquee, clubs would be allowed an Australian marquee player from the 2010–11 season.

I'll try to keep you updated on the save however I'm not the best FM player as I am new to the FM series and am also very new to this forum. Maybe you could keep me updated on your save and we could learn new things from each other!

I live here and the sport is taking off in terms of the amount of people who are beginning to watch it, so that's a positive. I'd personally pick the Western Sydney Wanderers because they have only been set up one season and look like winning the A league which is a good story in itself.

You have also Del Piero at Sydney FC so the league is trying to expand but I can't really see it as the Aussies like there rugby more currently.

I live here and the sport is taking off in terms of the amount of people who are beginning to watch it, so that's a positive. I'd personally pick the Western Sydney Wanderers because they have only been set up one season and look like winning the A league which is a good story in itself.

You have also Del Piero at Sydney FC so the league is trying to expand but I can't really see it as the Aussies like there rugby more currently.
Look at the MLS for example big names such as Beckham and Henry have played over there and the A-League is heading in the right direction with the likes of Del Piero.

i did this sort of thing with melbourne victory, (my club i support. i go to a few games each season.) but i was doing as a whole australia so i was also doing the national team. so a sort of san marino challenge. i was pretty fun. but it can be very time consuming. i ended up pretty much holidaying through most games of the a-league because i was just winning the league really easily. but in the champions league you get some challenges and then the club world cup playing the south american or european team i also lost to. so good luck