Yellaforeva

Reaction score
hi everyone

I recently had a go at creating my own facepack for the one and only Norwich City, mainly caused i couldn't find one that someone had made.

Anyway followed the instructions that are in the guides section and loaded up the game and went into preferences and clicked on always reload skin, then i pressed confirm and i loaded up the manager screen and none of the player faces worked and the ones that had faces before don't have any now.

any help would be appreciated

cheers

Are your images .png files?

yep all the images are .png files
but i did save the files as the names of the players instead of their unique id
will this have any effect?

yes it will if you have the name on your config file
so whatever names are on your config file you use

well i changed the config settinings to the players id so it looks like this

PHP:
<record from="29007079" to="graphics/pictures/person/29007079/portrait"/>

and then i load up the game go to display and press confirm, when i load up the norwich player they don't have any faces.

can any one help?

Last edited by a moderator:

PHP:

and then i load up the game go to display and press confirm, when i load up the norwich player they don't have any faces.

can any one help?

Hmmm that looks fine from here. Have you unticked Skin Cache?

yep ive unticked skin cache and i just uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and done the player faces and still all the players have no picture its just a blank space

If it's a blank space it means that FM is reading the config file correctly but not finding the images.

PHP:

can any one help?

You said you saved the images as the player names so...
the code in the config file should be something like

PHP:
<record from="AdamDrury" to="graphics/pictures/person/ID/portrait"/>

So it matches the name you gave your images.

well i change all the file names to their unique id and still just got a blank space
will it matter if the picture is not 140x180?
can someone take a look at the config file please
thanks

Config file looks ok. But like I said the game seems to be reading the config file ok but the filenames must not be right. Are the images .png or .PNG?

Config file looks ok. But like I said the game seems to be reading the config file ok but the filenames must not be right. Are the images .png or .PNG?

the files are saved as .png not as .PNG

Any chance you could zip the files and attach them here. I will have a look at them.