Reaction score
Basically what I am aiming for is :

Collecting a number of teams that would be good choices in order to build a squad with players of a single nationality.

The three main nationalities I've been thinking of are :

- All Italian Team (did it with Cagliari in FM2011, ended up winning CL in 2014)
-All German Team
-All Dutch Team

The reason why is mostly related to a potential recriation of tactics that are linked with each nationalities, such as the several editions of Catenaccio, the Dutch Total Football, and the pragmatic Mannschaft 4231.

Any thoughts? Open for suggestions for other nations as well, all ideas are important!

All Spanish team with Athletic. It's so easy...

Probably not. But if they play for the Spanish national team, they're Spanish.

Well that's relative. Nationalities are quite meaningless in football nowadays, and in most things I suppose.
Awaiting for more input ^^
Probably not. But if they play for the Spanish national team, they're Spanish.

You could do it 1st season with Bayern Munchen if you want to.....I don't think Robben and Ribery would be too happy about it though. You'd just need quality attacking mid, CM, and center defender, which could almost all be afforded on their starting cash, and easily if you manage to sell the wingers for anything near their worth. Actually, not even that if you played Lahm at RB, Boateng at DC, and Contento at LB, but that wouldn't be a very solid line.

Last edited:
A German team should not be that difficult.

For a club to be granted a Bundesliga license, they have to have a youth academy, so you'd have a good source of regens.
The top division is fairly competitive so the standard of opposition means your regens will develop fairly well.
And with 4 teams in the Champions League, you have potentially 4 clubs playing in Europe who you can poach players from.

I've got a Bilbao save, got a Uruguayan, a Brazilian, a Venezuelan and two Frenchmen though.

Bayern would be a good option! Yes. But I fear with their financial power and dimension, it would perhaps be too easy.
I've been checking out Torino as an option for the all-italian team! They seem quite reasonable , are in Serie B, which would give me the one season deadline to make all italian team.

As for holland, I've been checking out Feyenoord, they don't seem to have many foreigners.

The thing is, I'd like the teams I choose to have about 5, 6 foreigners so that I can offload them, and prefferably they shouldn't have big influence at the club gotta keep it relatively realistic.

if you want a challenge tehn an all san marinese san marino team or an all welsh cardiff/swansea.

Hm, I'll pass on the San Marino one, I could eventually do it but it would ultimately be of little use.

An all welsh cardiff or swansea huh, hmm, seems it would be interesting to try but I'm not sure how would it be in terms of league registration!

Hm, I'll pass on the San Marino one, I could eventually do it but it would ultimately be of little use.

An all welsh cardiff or swansea huh, hmm, seems it would be interesting to try but I'm not sure how would it be in terms of league registration!

from plying swansea on teh demo i'm pretty sure i had to have 8 welsh instead of english, so i'd assume nothing's chagned since then and that it would be the same with cardiff.