fm1063

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had an idea for a competition that I would like to put in the game but I am hopeless when it comes to the editor.

My basic idea is a tournament at the end of the domestic seasons in Europe.

Similar to the Champions League where in pot 1 the winners of the top 6 leagues qualify (as well as the winner of Champions League and Europa League), I want a competition between the winners of the top 8 leagues in Europe at the end of the season that's just taken place.

The 8 top teams will be split into two groups of 4:

Group 1
Winner of No.1 League
Winner of No.8 League
Winner of No.3 League
Winner of No.6 League

Group 2
Winner of No.2 League
Winner of No.7 League
Winner of No.4 League
Winner of No.5 League

The two top teams from each group go into a 2 legged semi-final knockout:
(Winner of Group 1 -v- Runner Up of Group 2)
(Winner of Group 2 -v- Runner Up of Group 1)

And then a final.

I don't know if this is even possible to be made but thought I'd make an enquiry.

Thankyou to any possible responses or help!

-FM1063
:):)

Theres a file for taking the Champions league back the 2 groups of 4 version in the 90's on steam,

You can easily edit that to suit this.

This is definitely possible.

I've spent the last few games making the 2 group phase version of the Champions League and improving on it with more practice with each game so this is definitely doable. Going into the Advanced Rules for the competition editor is a bit daunting at first but once you read through everything it lets you do just about anything, pretty much.

Mind saying that, your format should be doable in the basic rules I think. The biggest problem you'll probably get is getting the amount of teams right, but you're not wanting to use qualifiers by the looks of it so that should make it easier.