Creating English coaching revoultion?, adding new coaches to database.

tigertailz001

Reaction score
Hi everyone , Changing face of English football (English coaching revolution). I thought that I would try a experiment by creating new young English born non-playing staffs ie (managers, assistants & coaches for the first teams & youth teams etc) in the database. Setting them up as more technical coaches like their foreign counterparts in ball control, tactics & formations to try encourage more Spanish tiki-taka style football or Dutch total style football (attacking short passing possession style football), because it seems a lot of English managers & coaches seem to set up to play to more old fashioned formations & tactical style of play?. Formations being 4-6-0, 2-3-3-0, 4-1-2-3, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 Denmark style or even 3-4-3 & 3-1-3-1-2 etc. By copying clubs like F.C. Barcelona & AFC Ajax etc or countries like Spain & Denmark etc, and non-playing staff like Josep (Pep) Guardiola, Marcelo Bielsa, Michael Laudrup, Johan Cruijff, Luis Aragones, Vicente Del Bosque, Arsene Wenger, Frank De Boer, Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers etc. And giving them a high attribute in working with youngsters, by doing this I'm hoping to produce more English youngsters with technical attributes to play attacking short passing possession style football? like Dutch/Spanish/French national youth system and Dutch/Spanish/French clubs youth academies. And leave them unemployed?, not sure about given them lower current/world/home reputation, or lower current ability/potential ability?, I had thought about setting their CA at 100 and PA at 200 or -10, if you look on fm scout's genie you find yourself as a manager and the game seems set the CA at 100 and PA at 200 for yourself. I also thought I would set current & home reputation at 50 and world reputation at 10, than one's I've copied?. Also I might change their coaching abilities if not set up for coaching (if more of manager than coach), maybe also add a few directors of football & heads of youth development as well. Maybe play with the idea to pick a English lower league club playing lower than Blue Square Bet divisions and copying Boreham Wood set up with training ground next to stadium ground (their stadium is Meadow Park with training ground next to it, that's called Meadow Park all-weather pitch) and copying Crewe Alexandra for training, youth facilities & youth setup, recruitment & junior coaching, also change the clubs tactical attributes and preferred formations as well?. Plus adding staff as well. I've quick count up I reckon need about twenty-six (26) staff for perfect set up?, a director of football (1), a first team manager (1), a first team assistant manager (1), coaches (5) tactical, ball control, attacking, defensive & shooting, goalkeeping coaches (2) shot stopping, handling, fitness coaches (2) strength, aerobic, a head of youth development (1), a under'18 (youth) team manager (1), a under'18 (youth) team assistant manager (1), physio's (2) one for each team, possible another (7) more coaches if make first lot first team coaches. I assume normal coaches & goalkeeping/fitness coaches train first team & youth team as before in the older FM game series. And not including a chief scout, scouts or a set up for reserve team ie a manager & a assistant manager!. Does anyone else have any thoughts on these ideas ie suggestions or advice? they very welcome!.

Last edited:
it might be a good idea to give them a Significantly higher home reputation then world reputation, because as I understand the reputations doing so will mean tehy are more likely to be picked up by an english club then a foriegn one.

also It might be a good idea to create a whole set of staff and then put them all at one club from teh lower leagues to see if having them all share teh same mentality and phiolosophies will help them produce players like that.

Also if you're trying this it's managers and HOYDs you want to target as they are the people who will effect those things the most. Interesting experiment though.

Also if you're trying this it's managers and HOYDs you want to target as they are the people who will effect those things the most. Interesting experiment though.
I'm putting the staff with favoured jobs being manager, assistant manager, coach, head of youth development & director of football!, maybe possibly as scout as well?. So when they progress they can change jobs as well, or I can employ them at my club when I need position filled? etc. If I put them put in game as unemployed their options for different jobs?, plus if I put in a particular job I would put them in the lower leagues anyway?.

it might be a good idea to give them a Significantly higher home reputation then world reputation, because as I understand the reputations doing so will mean tehy are more likely to be picked up by an english club then a foriegn one.

also It might be a good idea to create a whole set of staff and then put them all at one club from teh lower leagues to see if having them all share teh same mentality and phiolosophies will help them produce players like that.
The trouble with giving them higher reputation, if you want to sign them for your own club and if you playing at a lower level in the English pyramid league system you would not be able to sign them!. But it's a good idea of yours put higher reputation, but thought about put in quite a lot new staff in the database with different reputations in to see if the experiment works well!. Yes that is my intentions put same mentality and philosophies as each other if I put them all at the same club?. I'm thinking about nine different clubs in the English system, using nine different local regionals in England (London, South-East, South-West, West Midlands, East Midlands, East of England, Yorkshire and the Humber, North-East & North-West) plus unemployed staff as well!. That should cover the length of England for young English talent coming through?.

Last edited:
Today I'm going to give it a go setting up the database (Creating English coaching revolution?, adding new young English non-playing staff to database). Does anyone have any input, suggestions or advice on this subject?, ideas welcome!.