Creating Low Chances

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having problems at the moment creating enough chances in a game. The opposition regularly create 20-25 chances but I manage 4 off target and 3 on or perhaps 7 off and 0 on. I'm not using counter attack.

I switch between 442 and 4-1-3-2 with quick wingers and good crossing as well as a playmaker in the middle with good passing, creativity, scoring, pace and acceleration. I've tried narrowing and widening the play, slowing and increasing the tempo but nothing seems to work.

I'm playing as York in League and altho I'm fourth with the team I have I should be running away with this league.

Any help would be appreciated.

1) are you playing Fm09 or Fm10?
2) are you using the new or old tactics
3) try and change your formation, play like a 4-3-1-2 (I am busy creating one at the moment, works extremely well)
4) try downloading a tactic from here and use that as a template to tweak it to your liking

Thanks for the reply.

1) FM09 - I don't play it enough to fork out for a new version...yet. The days of my CM obsession are well behind me I'm afraid ;0(
2) I've tweaked some standard tactics over the last year or two, usually they're pretty reasonable altho I always seem to lack that vital ingredient to get promoted in first place.
3) With the defensive midfielder plaing in the middle of the three and the attacking midfielder tucked in behind the front two?
4) Yeah I've been tempted but I want to try and develop a good tactic myself as it'll feel more worthwhile...however that may change if I can't solve this issue....

ok cool man :)

its straight back 4, 3 cm's straight, 1 amc and 2 strikers :) yes, exactly that, not in the DM slot though, but defensive Cm :)

start from scratch, choose the formation you think would/will work best with your players and their stats! then play around with the advanced options (keeping in mind your formation of course) and test it out in friendlies or in different saves etc..

cheers, yeah I've played with that formation before - i'll give it another go. I like using a playmaker and two wide men so I guess I shouldn't concentrate passing just down the flanks or just through the middle as I'll be missing out key players.

what kind of strike combo do you go for? I've tried little and large in the past but there doesn't seem to be many players with good heading and jumping around. I always try to get one pacey one, with dribbling but that depends on the division, but not sure on what type the other should be.

I like Complete and Poacher or Advanced and Poacher :) always have to have a Poacher!

I am using Complete and Advanced at the moment! working well for the tactic, it is for Porto though

what ever your strongest part of your team is (the best players, make a tactic that is going to utilize them the most)

have you got any more details on good stats for complete, poacher and advanced? I've got a general idea but would like some more info ;0)