jake544

Reaction score
hello im creating a new australian league format

and im having problems with creating a league with subdivisions, the problem is that apparently i need to "assign all b-league teams to there parent or child division"

could someone please give me the diagnoses.
thanks

Last edited:
Could do with a bit more info about what you've done.

Any chance of some screens or a copy of the file?

heres the file, go to menu,file,validation then thats where the problem is, btw dont worry about the singapore and npl stuff

Last edited:
Easy one to fix.
You'd added the Australian C-Divisions as subdivisions of the B-League (which already has teams in it).

All it needed was an empty parent league, which i've called Australian C-League', set as the true parent of the subdivisions.

I guessed the promotion and relegation rules but the rest i've left for you to ammend. It's at a point where the rules will validate.
I also had to pull the A-League season end date back to fit your playoffs in.

Hope that helps

View attachment 110046

Last edited:
FM17 - issue creating subdivisions

Hey there,

I've just created a new league system as per the the youtube clip here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMboJxJmJsw&t=1445s

I've run into trouble creating sub-divisions, however, as this isn't covered in the youtube tutorial, so when I go to test the rules I'm told, "FA National League South has the wrong division level set. This should be set to 7 in the FA National League South competition record in the database." However, I want this to be set to 6 as it is, as is 'FA National League North'.

Essentially, I've worked out that I now need to take divisions I've created and put them into a parent sub-division and would like your assistance in doing this.

If you require any further information, please let me know - I've exported the data file, if you wish to view it.