Creating Swiss Cheese With Ease - An FC Basel Story

Reaction score
150px-FC_Basel_Logo.png

Creating Swiss Cheese With Ease
An FC Basel Story

​FC Basel - A History

1163164283_a89b456b0f.jpg

Founded in 1893, FC Basel are one of the most successful sides in Swiss history. With 14 Swiss Super League titles, 10 Swiss cup winners medals and competing in European competitions for 12 consecutive names, Basel is a name know across Europe.

The club is based in the city of Basel, of which is on the border of Switzerland, Germany and France. FCB play their home games at St Jakob-Park, or “Joggeli” to locals, which has a 38,512 capacity. The current crop of stars contain Swiss legend Alexander Frei, Swisss hitmas Marco Streller and young Swiss U-21 internationals Yann Sommer, Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka.

----------

Swiss side FC Basel appoint Nathan Staples as Manager

oeri_DW_Bayern_Gel_1219755p.jpg

FC Basel Chairman Gisela Oeri announced that the club has hired Englishman Nathan Staples as replacement of Hamburg-bound Thorsten Fink.

The news comes as a surprise to many, who felt that assistant Heiko Vogel would get the job full time after impressing in early pre-season.

Mrs Oeri said: “Vogel himself suggested that he should stay on as assistant, and we feel that Nathan will be the man to keep us at the top of Swiss football."

With no previous experience, many feel Mr Staples will be out of his depth, but he was quick to dispel any fears of FCB going backwards. He said: “I am proud to take this job, and I feel I can take this club not only to the summit of Swiss football, but hopefully become a more established name within Europe.”

Staples’ first official test will be away to FC Sion on the 17th​ July, but he will take charge during the first pre-season game against Fortuna Sittard on the 22nd​ June.

----------

“Well, I’ve got the job I wanted.FC Basel is a great club, with a really good chance of growing into a top club.

My first aim will to win the league for a third consecutive season, and at least get to the Champions’ League group stages. The board expects at least Champions’ League qualification again through the league, and have given me €2.6m to spend.

Now, let’s get underway!”

----------

Loving it, that chairman creeps me out..

Me too! I googled the name thinking it's a bloke, and bricks have been shat!

Any feeback/improvements are encouraged! and feel free to put your own opinion in on my ideas later.

Just to note, I'll be playing Pre-Season tonight/tomorrow, in the aim to post sometime tomorrow afternoon (would be earlier, but I have some uni work to do) and also, for those that don't know, the league is 10 teams playing each other 4 times.

I just googled her on images... one of the worst looking chairman i have ever seen... anyway, good luck with Basel.

Mod's, close it.

The save has been incredibly frustrating, from 10 injuries in the space of 2 weeks, all for at least a month, to major players and the inability to sign anyone.

I mean, someone picked Novara over Basel. Really?

Anyway, I may start a new story, PM me if you want me to and suggest any ideas.