Crewe Alexandra – Persevering with youth!

Stu.

Reaction score

View attachment 334427

PERSEVERING WITH YOUTH at CREWE ALEXANDRA

Crewe Alexandra have today sacked Steve Davis, 47, having guided them to League One via the play-offs in 2011/12. Despite being delighted with his management to shoot them in to the next division, the board feel with the flourish of talented young players, the club need to be managed by a younger manager, hence the appointment of Stuart Regan, 28, ahead of pre-season.

The club have no further comments to make.

View attachment 334430

ANDREW COLE AMONG THE STAFF BROUGHT IN

Out with the old, in with the new.

Crewe have confirmed today that Stuart Regan has dismissed Neil Baker and Ray Walker from the staff left behind by Steve Davis, and appointed a number of new staff members to his backroom. Among those are Andrew Cole, who endured a long and successful career in the Premier League, most notably with Manchester United and Newcastle United. He will look to enhance the youthful strike-force at Crewe, turning the likes of Max Clayton in to a demolishing forward.

Added to the list of Regan's backroom staff are:

Doug Livermore – Asst. Manager
Darren Heyes – Goalkeeping Coach

David Byrne – Tactical Coach
Andrew Cole – Attacking Coach

Barry Whitbread – Scout
Glyn Chamberlain – Scout

View attachment 334437

Last edited:
Crewe are a fun team to be, i had a crewe story on here but my problem was getting promoted the first season as my squad wasnt good enough and no money was given to me, i think Luke Murphy is one of the best CM's at that level and i liked Dugdale even though hes not touted as the best