Celtic Keenan

Reaction score
On FM17 my most enjoyable save was with Crewe, getting them to the Premiership. Hoping to become European champions this time round!

The board want a mid-table finish, the bookies reckon we'll finish 18th

View attachment 73507
One of the first things I done was requesting a senior club and, luckily enough, the board managed to get a link with Liverpool which should come in handy throughout the save.

View attachment 73506
No outgoings and I make quick use of the link with Liverpool to secure 3 loans, as well as Boonen from Man Utd. Boonen will be backup but the other 3 should feature regularly. Juanma and Jones are a much needed improvement in defence.

View attachment 73505
Pre-season wasn't the best. Though the results weren't awful in the first 3 games I think I had around a handful of shots on target in the 3 games combined. Lower league teams were soundly beaten. Had to hope the players would adapt to the tactics!

View attachment 73504
I go into the first game of the season against one of the promotion favourites in Masfield. They were utterly destroyed as two of my new loan signings make a great start, bagging 3 goals between them. They were surpassed by Porter grabbing a hattrick!

View attachment 73503
I'm swiftly knocked out of the Carbao cup, away to Scunthorpe, who I think are in the league above ours. Midweek game so I made a lot of changes, not fussed about the result. We should have scored more, as it was Dagnall netted a late consolation.

View attachment 73502
In a pretty dull match Porter made it 4 in 2 league games to secure the win leaving fans complaining about the style of football. Some people are never happy!

View attachment 73501
The third game of the season sees us experience defeat for the first time in League 2. We deserved more from the match but our finishing wasn't up to much.

View attachment 73500
Next up are local rivals, Port Vale. George Cooper, the star of my previous Crewe save, finally gets involved, scoring goal of the month with a free kick. A late own goal seals the win and ensures we have local bragging rights.

View attachment 73498
The Checkatrade Trophy saw us drawn with Port Vale so we play them for the second time in a few days. We made a few changes but we still grabbed the win with a late Dagnall strike sending the fans home happy.

View attachment 73496
Unfortunately first choice striker, Porter, has been sidelined for a good few months. Fortunately, Udoh, uses his first minutes of the season to good effect as he grabs the winning goal in a math we dominated. Walker got the other goal as we continue the good start.

View attachment 73495
Chesterfield are the latest side to be beat by the mighty Crewe! Udoh nets on his first start of the season while Boonen gets his first goal of the season.

View attachment 73494
A near perfect start to the league. I'm level on points with Mansfield who bounce back from the 6-1 thrashing on the first game of the season to record 5 wins in a row.

Rest of September
View attachment 73470
View attachment 73469
We drop points for the second time in the season, at home again. Cambridge prove too much for us and Dagnall can only get one goal back for us after we fell 2-0 down.

View attachment 73468
We bounce back from our last match and our inconsistent home form to win comfortably at Exeter, extending our excellent away form. Udoh is really proving he might be worth keeping hold of with a double here. He wasn't in the picture at all until an injury to Porter. Wintle secured the victory in stoppage time.

View attachment 73467
We face 23rd placed Carlisle and manage to limit them to 0 shots on target the whole game. Truth be told it was more even than I'd have liked but thankfully their strikers seem awful. Two Liverpool loanees, Virtue and Jones, wit the goals.

View attachment 73466
We go to bottom placed Wycombe and go into an early two goal lead through Boonen and Dagnall. Wycombe respond but Boonen adds another in the second half as we continue our perfect away form.

View attachment 73465
We continue to perform above expectations, a point off 1st. I'm expecting a drop off in form at some point and a few games without winning could see us drop down quite a few places.

October​

View attachment 73455

Another decent month!

View attachment 73454
A decent point away to promotion favourites and recently relegated Coventry. They probably shaded it but we keep up our undefeated away form.

View attachment 73453
Back to the Checkatrade trophy and we're robbed against League 1 opposition. Youngster Reilly has been impressing in training so features up front and puts us 1 up. We should score more but a 95th minute equaliser means we go to penalties where we're beaten 10-9! Still, second in the group and we play leaders Newcastle u23's in the final game.

View attachment 73452
Back to League 2 and we come out on top in a boring match at Yeovil. Star midfielder, Grant, with the only goal of the game.

View attachment 73451
A much better performance at home to Notts County and we go 2 up early on as we get our first two penalties of the season, right back Nolan converting both. Young striker Reilly nabs another with the scoreline not flattering the mighty Crewe! Still waiting on the inevitable drop of form...

View attachment 73450
In another match that sees fans complaining about the style of football we grab the only goal of the game right on half time. Only 4 shots on target the whole game from both teams. Safe to say it wasn't a classic but the league position should be enough to silence the detractors!

View attachment 73449
We smash Stevenage in our game in hand to go top of the league. Reilly gets a first half brace but picks up an injury. Wintle and Raynes ensure a big victory as we send the fans home happy.

View attachment 73448
The last game in October sees us travel to second placed Colchester. An even match ends in a draw. Wintle gets his 2nd goal in as many games but it's not enough for a win that would have put us 6 points clear at the top. Still, a decent result and we're going into the 4th month of the season undefeated away from home.

View attachment 73447
We are 3 points clear at the top with an impressive goal difference. It's been an excellent start to the season, a play off place would be great but maybe the lads can do the unthinkable and get promoted automatically.

Haha yeah I don't really keep up with the goings on in League 2 but I seen Crewe had a fairly big home loss the other day.

November 17
View attachment 73313
View attachment 73312
The month starts in a positive fashion as we progress to the second round of the FA Cup. We smash a poor Wycombe side 1-0!

View attachment 73311
The final group match in the Checkatrade Trophy sees a comfortable win against the Newcastle youngsters. Cooper with a double and we top the group, drawing Coventry in the next round.

View attachment 73310
Our first league game of the month sees a disappointing draw to fellow promotion hopefuls, Lincoln. We go ahead twice through Cooper and, the now first choice striker, Reilly yet a 95th minute equaliser means we drop two points.

View attachment 73309
We put the disappointment of the Lincoln game behind us to win at Forest Green. Goals from Walker, Boonen and Reilly put us 3-1 up but a 92nd minute goal had us fearing a repeat of the previous match but we held on.

View attachment 73308
A poor defeat at lowly Morecambe, seems my defence had been out on the **** the night before! We were 3-1 down and went all out attack to try and salvage something but a late goal from Boonen wasn't enough.

View attachment 73307
The big game of the month with the top two battling out a goalless draw. Luton were down to ten men for much of the match but we could have played all day and not scored. Poor result.

View attachment 73306

We still remain at the top but there's a few teams who'll fancy overtaking us in the coming weeks and months.

View attachment 73305

Some good news though as the Crewe board offer me a new contract!​

December 17
View attachment 73227

A mixed month with progression in two cups but our league form begins to falter.

View attachment 73226

A handy draw as we go away to League 2 strugglers Carlisle. A brace from Reilly and goals from Boonen and Ainsley secure a place in the next round. A home tie against West Ham! Was hoping for an away match at one of the biggest sides to boost the funds.

View attachment 73225

We knock Coventry out of the Cup, goals from loanee Virtue and winger Wintle. Maybe a chance of silverware? Actually I've no idea how this trophy fully works in terms of the north/south split and which level of teams are involved.

View attachment 73224

We continue our stuttering league form, falling to a late defeat at Cheltenham. Our defence seems a bit shaky at the minute.

View attachment 73223

Crawley give us a much needed win to keep pressure up at the top. Wintle comes off the bench to grab the opener. Crawley equalise but a late Cooper strike gives us the win.

View attachment 73222

Swindon came into this game in good form and in the playoff spots but we controlled the game from start to finish. Reilly grabs another in his impressive season and Cooper makes it 2 in 2 as we take another much needed 3 points.

View attachment 73221

Coming off the back of two good home wins we produce a frustrating performance against mid-table Chesterfield. We go two down before Reilly scores on half time. We push for goals in the second half but can't get another.

View attachment 73220

A fairly even match so no complaints about the result. We concede a penalty but Reilly scores soon after. Neither team can get the 3 points.

View attachment 73219

So, in 3rd place and only 2 points off the top. Feels like my league form is starting to give way though. An automatic promotion place would be excellent but the goal is to finish within the playoff spots.​

View attachment 73116

A pretty decent month all things considered. We go out of two cups to teams in higher divisions, we were so close to knocking out West Ham but the replay got us a decent pay day with over a million in from that match. Decentish in the league too as we return to the top of the table.

View attachment 73115

We kick off the new year with a comfortable win against Grimsby. The visitors scoring with their only shot on target while Boonen and Reilly net for the Railwaymen.

View attachment 73114

So, our FA Cup match against Premiership often came around and we were smashed but West Ham's finishing was atrocious. Ainsley netted a curling effort for us close to half time and we were dreaming of progression but Antonio finally managed to hit a shot on target and crushed our hopes. Still, money to be made in the replay!

View attachment 73113

An even match that goes our way. Our main striker goes off injured but super-sub Porter grabs the only goal of the game and his first goal for a while. He's found it hard to break back into the team since Reilly came in once he was injured earlier in the season. Vital goal!

View attachment 73112

Another evenly matched game as we drop points to lowly Carlisle. Josh Gordon turned down my loan offer to join Carlisle, no idea considering we're first and they're struggling for survival but he has me hating him even more after netting the equaliser. Liverpool defender Jones had put us in the lead but neither side could get the winner.
View attachment 73111

West Ham realise that actually getting shots on target will give them a better chance of getting goals as they smash us 5-0. Ah well.

View attachment 73110

I mean it's nice of the players but what were the fans expecting?!

View attachment 73109
A welcome convincing win against Wycombe. I've been struggling with injuries to wingers all month and Kirk takes advantage of a rare start as the youngster gets his first goal for Crewe. Virtue and Porter with the others.

View attachment 73108
League 1 Rotherham dominated the match in the Checkatrade Trophy but we grabbed a late equaliser through Cooper and had a good chance to win it at the death. Pumped 4-1 on penalties.

View attachment 73107

Swindon keep pressure up on the top 3 by beating us in one incredibly boring match. Zero ideas, zero points.

View attachment 73106

It's tight at the top as we cling desperately to the top spot. No-one seems capable of breaking away just yet.

In the transfer market we tried desperately to bring in wingers for cover but a whole raft of players chose other desperate teams over us. We managed to bring in a defender, Sylvain Laslandes, on loan from Wolves for cover. We lost our best player, Connor Grant, who was only on a 6 month loan from Everton and they wouldn't consider sending him back here. So, undoubtedly I'm worse off than I was the first half of the season.

February 17
View attachment 73078
Not bad but incredibly frustrating at the end!

View attachment 73077

We concede an early goal and fear the worst but Reilly gets us back on level terms. We're gifted a chance to take the lead as Nolan converts from the spot and Reilly secures the 3 points in stoppage time. A great performance.

View attachment 73076

A game that came alive in the second half! Reilly puts us in front but, unluckily, we somehow found ourselves down with 6 minutes to go. Fortunately we're given a late penalty and Scottish midfielder Jones nabs his first of the season.

View attachment 73075

Seems like we're guaranteed one dreadful match a month where we struggle to create anything. This month it came away to Accrington, a whopping 2 shots on target.

View attachment 73074

Massive match as we welcome 2nd placed Colcester in this top of the table clash. The match had everything. We took the lead from a set piece, Raynes heading in a corner. As we were still celebrating they equalised to make it 1-1 just before half time. As both sides had many chances and both defences collectively decided to take the day off it could have went either way. Then, in the 79th minute we give away a penalty which is converted. Disaster. But, much like in the first half, an equaliser is found within a few minutes, Boonen with the goal. Then, as all hope seemed lost a daft Colchester defender inexplicably brings down my player running away from goal in the box. Jones converts the penalty in the 93rd minute and the fans are dancing into the night!

View attachment 73073

Full of confidence on the back of last week's big win we travel to promotion hopefuls Lincoln. We have a brilliant first half as Ainley stick us one up. Lincoln equalise shortly after but goals from Walker and Reilly put us comfortably in front. At half time the players are reminded to keep their concentration levels. My defence decided to put their feet up and within ten minutes of the re-start it's 3-3! We get a late goal chopped off and I'm raging!

View attachment 73072

Still very tight at the top. It seems that one team always has a horrendous run in and falls away completely. Fingers crossed that's not Crewe. Regretting letting that two goal lead slip in the last match.​

View attachment 73071

This year's youth intake seems promising. Don't think I've ever had a report saying the years intake have the potential to be a golden generation!

Here's the coach's opinions on them!

View attachment 73070
One of the things I'm being judged on by the board is bringing through youth so this is welcome news! Let's hope more than a few can kick on and do well for the club!

League 2 is always tight but that's crazy. That's a cracking youth intake, definitely a lot of talent to watch out for down the line.

The idea of a Golden Generation coming through looks awesome, good read KIU

March 18

View attachment 72981

Home wins and away draws. Only played 4 games this month due to a game being called off because of international call ups. Could have done without this as we now have a hectic schedule against teams at the top, not feeling confident going into the run-in. Lost a few players to injuries who are out for the rest of the season too.

View attachment 72980

Thankfully Forest Green's strikers are either dreadful or were having an off day! Actually, one of them did score but it was an injury time own goal to secure the three points for us!

View attachment 72979

An exciting 3-3 draw . Despite being absolutely dominated in the first half we score through our only 2 shots on target through our wingers Wintle and Cooper. In the second half we dominated but have to wait for the 90th minute for Cooper to get his second and get us a deserved point.

View attachment 72978

Another home game, another game where the oppositions strikers have an absolute mare. Despite having 16 shots, Coventry can only get one on target. Ainley (2) and Reilly show them how it's done to secure a 3-0 victory which flatters us.

View attachment 72977

2 points dropped I fear. I actually changed tactics to try and get our first away win in a while but, alas, we still take the customary point on the road. Reilly, again, with the goal. Some season he's having!

This weekend, none of the top 6 won! 2nd and 3rd placed faced each other and drew, thankfully!

View attachment 72976

So, us and Colchester have a game in hand over the chasing pack. We've seven games left to hopefully see it through! Starts with a home match against bottom side Port Vale but just two days after my last match. Then away to 5th placed Mansfield, mid-week at home to 6th placed Newport followed by an away match at 3rd placed Luton. That's a tough run, if we do well in that we're up. After that we play two struggling teams which might also be tough given their predicaments then finish off against Cheltenham. Here's hoping!​

End of Season

View attachment 72744

First game in the run in is at bottom placed rivals Port Vale who are fighting desperately for survival. A rare start for youngster Owen Dale due to injuries saw a man of the match performance as he scored a screamer, right into the top corner from outside the box. All we need is points in the board at this stage, not caring about performances!

View attachment 72740
The first of 3 games against promotion hopefuls sees a disappointing defeat at Mansfield. Both teams had plenty of chances but Mansfield take one more than us. We take an early lead through Reilly before going 2-1 down. Owen Dale grabs his second in as many games with a great counter and we go into half time on the ascendancy. Unfortunately a late goal from ex Dundee man Hemmings consigns us to defeat in a big match.

View attachment 72739

Big win! Reilly grabs his 20th and 21st of an impressive season. We miss an earlier penalty through Jones but Reilly's brace and a Pickering volley is enough to secure the points. A late penalty for Newport ensured a nervy last few minutes.

So here's the state of affairs:

View attachment 72738

View attachment 72737

As good as promoted due to our nearest rivals' shaky form! Big matches upcoming for a lot of sides though as they all aim for promotion.

View attachment 72736

****! We could potentially in the title today if results went our way but Luton are desperate to secure automatic promotion and destroy us 3-0.

View attachment 72735

A home game to struggling Morecambe seemed the ideal time to secure promotion. Unfortunately the lads are feeling the nerves and can only register 2 shots on target. A post match tirade from the manager hopefully sees a response in the next match...

View attachment 72734

Or maybe not. Away to 17th placed Crawley we're dominated in another poor performance on the road. Luckily they don't take advantage of their superior play and we settle with a draw. Despite this result, Colchester's defeat promotes us and Luton! We go into the last game 1 point ahead of Luton and need a win to secure the title...

View attachment 72733
Another exasperating performance against Cheltenham but all is forgotten as Man U loanee Boonen secures his place in Crewe's history by connecting to an 89th minute cross to secure the League 2 title! Elsewhere Luton lose so we finish 4 points clear!

View attachment 72732

Final table, Coventry pip Colchester to an automatic playoff at the death and will now face the play off. Morecambe and Grimsby were relegated.​

Round the leagues

View attachment 72731

At. Madrid cause a shock by winning La Liga. Juve win Serie A again though it was tight. Can't see it on the screen unfortunately but Bayern win the Bundesliga by 5 points. Parent club Liverpool win the Premiership by a point!

In League 1 Blackburn, Scunthorpe and Rotherham are promoted.
Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, AFC Wimbledon and Walsall are relegated so we won't face them this season!

In the Championship Sunderland are the winners, surprisingly. Joining in the Premiership are Bristol City and Preston.
Joining us in League 1 for the upcoming season are Sheff Utd, Notts Forest (!!!) and Burton.

In Scotland, Celtic make it 7 in a row, finishing 8 points above the tribute act!

Carabao Cup- Palace were the winner
FA Cup- We were put out by the winners, all could have been so different had a late equaliser not got West Ham that replay!
Europa- Man City secured a CL place, beating Arsenal 2-0 in the final.
CL- Man United win to make the city of Manchester the toast of Europe. They beat Spurs on penalties after a 3-3 draw.

4 English sides were the European finalists!​

Last edited:
View attachment 72730

My team of the year, pretty unsurprising.

View attachment 72729

5 players in the League 2 team of the year. Only surprise is Nolan at right back who had a mare towards the end of the season and is, hopefully, going to have to settle for a backup spot next season.

View attachment 72728

Manager of the year!

This is how the players fared this season. Big squad! A few will be leaving as their contracts run out soon.

View attachment 72727
View attachment 72726

Ainley is our best player, he has a minimum release clause so I'm really hoping no-one swoops in. Makes a big difference having a decent keeper so I'm happy we have Garrat who didn't miss a match this season! Reilly had a great season up front, Cooper done well and a few of our loan stars would be welcome back! Think there'll be big changes next season in the squad.​

I let Bakayogo (started last season as first choice left back), Porter and Dagnall (the two who started last season as the top two strikers) go as they were regressing, had lost their places and weren't earning their comparatively big wages.

Transfers in (before the first game of the season, there may be more to come)

View attachment 72625View attachment 72624View attachment 72623
View attachment 72622View attachment 72621View attachment 72620

Corey Whelan: Defender on loan from Liverpool comes in as first choice right back but he's comfortable laying in the centre and can even fill in at left back if we're desperate. He's a serious upgrade on Nolan from last season who's been kept this season to provide backup.

Liam Coyle: Another Liverpool loanee who will replace former Virtue (who we also had on loan from Liverpool last season) as our defensive midfielder. Virtue left Liverpool on a free but had no intention of signing on with us again. Coyle is an able replacement and his versatility can come in handy.

Lloyd Jones: The central defender returns for another season at Crewe. His form dipped towards the end of last season but he was good for us overall. Hoping for a repeat this season.

Ollie Cook: Released by Southampton, Cook comes in and will partner Jones in the centre of defence for this season. Happy to secure a decent young defender.

Ryan Taylor: A bit of experience as we needed someone to challenge Reilly for the striker spot. Can play on the wing too.

Thierry Ambrose: Probably our best striker but I want to give Reilly a chance up front to see if he can continue his development in a tougher league. The Man City loanee will start on the right wing for us.

Reckon I don't have enough experience in my team which could hurt, but the team has lots of potential, hope some of it can be recognised this season as we hope to avoid relegation. Meanwhile, the bookies aren't giving us much of a chance...

View attachment 72619

Still, they thought I'd finish in the lower half of League 1, what do they know, right?​

Was liking your story until you called Rangers a tribute act XDXD Class season with Crewe and with your youth intake surely things look bright for you!! good luck mate

August 18

View attachment 72097

I thought results/performances were pretty decent until the last match which was a bogging performance. Still, we played two of the recently relegated teams away from home and MK Dons who are fancied to be challenging for promotion.

View attachment 72096

Opening day of the season and it's a tough opener away to promotion favourites and fallen giants Notts Forest. We were given no chance of getting anything from the match but the first half was all us. We took the lead from the spot, Ambrose marking his debut with a goal. Forest were the better team in the second half and a draw was a fair result.

View attachment 72095

A second choice side were thrashed by Championship side Barnsley in the Carbao Cup. Not fussed about the result but there was a major downside to this game...

View attachment 72094

One of my best players, Cooper, who came off the bench in the game is out for a while and my first choice keeper, Garrat, picked up an injury, with my second choice keeper, Jaaskaleinen, already out. Grim.

View attachment 72093

Keeping the faith with young striker Reilly looks like it'll pay off as he announces himself in League 1 with a double to bury Bury. We went 1-0 down early on but Walker got an equaliser shortly after before the Reilly show! And youngster Appleyard looked fine in goal.

View attachment 72092

Another away match against a promotion favourite, Sheff Utd this time. Crazy start to the match as we conceded in the first minute but after 5 minutes we are 2-1 up! Goals from Lowery, who came in to replace Cooper, and Reilly. Despite giving a good account of ourselves we are beaten 4-2 in the end. We couldn't cope with Alex Gillead.

View attachment 72091

Hopefully not a sign off things to come as MK Dons play us off the park as we fail to even register a shot on target.

View attachment 72090