Cricket

sunilvk7

SAF greatest ever.
Reaction score
It would be better if we can have a thread where we can discuss about Cricket. We have seperate threads for England games, so rest we can put it here.

To start off. India won the first test match against Australia. It was superb match. We needed 90 plus runs with only 2 wickets left. Most underrated player Laxman produced a memorable knock to win it for us. He batted 10th in the first innings as he was struggling with back injury, inspite of that in second innings stood like a brave warrior and produced amazing innings.

He always enjoyed playing against Aussies and no wonder he did it again. And Aussies hates playing against usXD

Last edited:
It was a great innings by a great player, it is a shame the aussie attack is so toothless, a real shame. They have always had the most frieghtening bowling attack in world cricket. and at the moment, i think they will struggle to get 20 test match wickets a game

Very Very Special Laxman, and a Very Very Special result for India. Maybe this'll shut the Aussies up about an Ashesh whitewash.

Hm. Just reread that. Who am I kidding?

It was a great innings by a great player, it is a shame the aussie attack is so toothless, a real shame. They have always had the most frieghtening bowling attack in world cricket. and at the moment, i think they will struggle to get 20 test match wickets a game

They dont have the bowlers they had once, but they are very good actually. They lack the Warne factor thats the key.

This is what ponting said.

This was one of the most exciting Test matches I've been a part of, full credit for India for the way they played. Lots of positive signs for my team as well to come here and put up such a great show. We had our noses ahead at lunch, we stuck to our task but Ishant and Laxman's partnership turned it around for them. We did well to pick up 4 wickets yesterday, started well today but Bollinger's injury didn't help either. We gave it a good fight, but now it is time to focus for the next game.

Dhoni:

This is one of the best matches I've played, this game was full of emotions.

Match was described as

How many gold medals is this win worth?
As soon as the winning runs were hit, Murali Vijay ran onto the field as if he was taking part in a 100 metre dash. Probably he could have given Usain Bolt a run for his money!
What fantastic scenes at Mohali! How often do u see VVS Laxman react the way he did, he runs up to Ojha and gives him a big hug, and Ojha, who was perhaps surprised himself points the bat to the dressing room! Gary Kirsten bursts into an applause and goes up to Ishant to give him a big hug, what an emotional moment it is for everyone in India, I am sure this is the kind of Test match everyone would have died to witness. Ponting and the Aussie team just walked off the park in disappointment, so near, yet so far for them!

Often emotions in cricket are underrated, but emotions are too high for an Indian in this game.

Sharma did well to stay along Laxman for a while, 81 run partnership was good. We really should have killed it off, but the Indians did very well to hold out with 2 wickets left to get the win :S

They dont have the bowlers they had once, but they are very good actually. They lack the Warne factor thats the key.

Your Bowling attack is only as good as your spinner and your weakest pace bowler, which is extremely poor in the aussie camp at the moment, when was the last time Michael Johnson put a good display?

Your Bowling attack is only as good as your spinner and your weakest pace bowler, which is extremely poor in the aussie camp at the moment, when was the last time Michael Johnson put a good display?

You mean Mitchell Johnson? Didn't he finish last year as leading wicket-taker?

You mean Mitchell Johnson? Didn't he finish last year as leading wicket-taker?

Which was 10 months ago, he has sturggled since to take any form of wickets in any games, his place is debatable for the starting Xi and you could count how many good balls he did on one hand in this test. He is in such bad form, and it shows the true state of Aussie Cricket that they cant or dont have anyone suitable to replace him.

I didnt get you, you mean Our bowling attack is poor?

I didnt get you, you mean Our bowling attack is poor?

I think he means in general, as in a team's bowling attack is only as good as etc.

I happen to agree, though. Hilfenhaus is a consistent player, but consistently average. Johnson is an ace in the pack, but one who is out of form. Clark is ageing and Lee has retired from tests. Siddle is a trundler. Hauritz... is not great, but not terrible either.

No the Indian have a fairly strong attack, but the Aussie is poor. I like the Indian Attack
Zaheer:wub:

I love him too. Excellent bowler. Shame he had so many injuries in the past. English County helped him a lot to regain his form and fitness..

I love him too. Excellent bowler. Shame he had so many injuries in the past. English County helped him a lot to regain his form and fitness..

County Cricket is Under-rated like ****, it is such a good system, players get to play 20-20, 50 over games and 4 days matches. I think it should be compulsory for English players to play a certain amount of games each year.

County Cricket is Under-rated like ****, it is such a good system, players get to play 20-20, 50 over games and 4 days matches. I think it should be compulsory for English players to play a certain amount of games each year.

Yes, County is underrated, not only in England, in all Nations. I think Aussies represent their states whenever they dont play internatonal matches.

Actually county is very handy in keeping up your form and make some minor adjustments, or keep your fitnessl levels well.

Aussie state cricket is a higher standard than UK county cricket, but they dont play anywhere near as many games a season.

Aussie cricket is in long term decline, the problem is keeping hold of the golden generation for far too long, Ponting, Hayden, Langer, Warne, Gilchrist etc etc. Now the 'youngsters' coming through to replace them are more like 25/6 years old but with next to no international experience.

In my opinion regarding Aussie bowlers, I think that it is starting to show how much they really relied on Warne and McGrath. With all respect to the bowlers of that side to the bowlers currently I do think Ponting doesn't have much of a plan B. Before Aussie captains could hand the ball to Warne and McGrath as they were both dead accurate. It's almost as if the Australia team captained itself but now when Johnson, Hauritz and the rest are struggling especially with VVS-Ishant partnership they didn't really have an idea what to do

Got tickets for India Australia second test match. Couldn't get in the stand i wanted as everything was sold out, nevertheless content with the stand A. Hope it wont rain tomorrow to spoil my day.

have a good day out then mate, just remember your only watching 2nd rate nations ;). as the best nation has the hero that is Swann.

have a good day out then mate, just remember your only watching 2nd rate nations ;). as the best nation has the hero that is Swann.

Lol Thanks Scott, just a day late for your wishes :)

Had a wonderful day. Just cant forget the atmosphere. Whole stadium just chanted Sachin's name for no reason. If he just crosses pitch towards us, just everyone chanted his name. If he goes otherside that stand chanted his name. TBH i have seen so many crazy about a player. You know he was the reason more than half people went to stadium.

Here are the 2 among many banners about Sachin.

View attachment 109835

View attachment 109836

And One more stat for you Scott. We are Number 1 test team :) And if we win this test, for the first time England will be ahead of Aussies after a long time (Or for the first time). So pray for our victory. ;)

Lol Thanks Scott, just a day late for your wishes :)

Had a wonderful day. Just cant forget the atmosphere. Whole stadium just chanted Sachin's name for no reason. If he just crosses pitch towards us, just everyone chanted his name. If he goes otherside that stand chanted his name. TBH i have seen so many crazy about a player. You know he was the reason more than half people went to stadium.

Here are the 2 among many banners about Sachin.

View attachment 109835

View attachment 109836

And One more stat for you Scott. We are Number 1 test team :) And if we win this test, for the first time England will be ahead of Aussies after a long time (Or for the first time). So pray for our victory. ;)

We will catch you mate, Our team is about to blossom into a proper test side, our bowling attack is close to our best ever, and our batsmen, well our just English batsman, need a bit of consistency and we will be there, but i hope India do win.