Cristiano Ronaldo - left or right?

iceman1992

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm currently managing Real Madrid, playing a 4-2-3-1. It's going really well, defeted Barcelona both times during the first season.

But I have a problem since the big star of the team, Ronaldo, isnt preforming the way I want him to. I'm playing him as an inside forward on the right wing, where he doesnt perform at his maximum.

On the left wing I have di maria, delivering crosses with his left foot towards the box.

My question is, where should i play Ronaldo, and what role is the best for him? ( to make him preform like the world class player he is!! )

Thanks for your answers, and excuse my bad english (A)
angel.gif

i've only played with Real once in fm12 and lost interest after 1 season but i played Real IF on the right as you are and he was ruthless ...scoring 5 goals in a single game..so it might be more a problem with getting the ball.

upload a screenshot of your tactics and instructions if you can?

Let's play Ronaldo as AML and Di Maria as AMR and set both as inside forward.

put ronaldo as an attacking winger i have lennon as a winger for spurs and he often gets into the box to score as well as assist

I would play him as AMR inside forward with move into channels instead cut inside

i have no problem used him as AML inside forward...he score lot of goal from there

i have no problem used him as AML inside forward...he score lot of goal from there

AMR Advanced Playmaker, but go to player instructions and get him to cut inside

striker , poacher , he was immense for me in this position

Ehm, I don't think he's really happy with this result. Haha!
1/3 says: play as AML
1/3 says: play as AMR
1/3 says something else...
I'd say he could play on almost every in almost every role! AML inside FW is great I think.
AMR as advance playmaker or cut inside would do good too. Ronaldo as ST is an option too, treaquartista (spelling) or poacher or complete forward. I think he fits every role, but you need to focus your game on him. I did the same with an amazing regen in FM 2011. His stats were like Ronaldo's. Just make sure he gets a lot of balls... He'll do the rest!

never tried Real but I'll only add to what has been said, he is virtually the footballing definition of an inside forward, would even say that it is thanks to him that the craze for wrong footed wingers started. I would just suggest to add him as your playmaker so he also gets the ball more and maybe give one or two of the sliders a tweak to help him unleash his talent. And tell him to stop being a smug *******...

never tried Real but I'll only add to what has been said, he is virtually the footballing definition of an inside forward, would even say that it is thanks to him that the craze for wrong footed wingers started. I would just suggest to add him as your playmaker so he also gets the ball more and maybe give one or two of the sliders a tweak to help him unleash his talent. And tell him to stop being a smug *******...

What? Where do you get this stuff from? Ronaldo didn't start the trend of inverted wingesrs ffs.he barely played on the left for United. Ronaldinho, Ribery, Messi, Bellamy, robben?

Last edited:
As his preferred foot is right. I think he is better on the left side. He still score some sick goals on the right side but most of time the ball meets some random spectator's faces.

Buy Hulk to play as inside forward at amr and play Ronaldo at Sc, Complete Forward..
Have Ozil behind him to feed him through balls and he will score like a **********..:p

Ps: Set his closing down to almost nothing, so he'll have better positions to receive the ball..

Last edited:
It's stupid to put him AMR, his best foot is his right one and he is a PURE FINISHER, he's not a top crosser or passer, he FINISHES AND DESTROYS THE GOALIE