Cristiano Ronaldo opens up legal proceedings against media

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, if it needs moving then be my guest.

# # # # #​

Cristiano Ronaldo has released a statement via his official Facebook account stating his intention to begin legal proceedings against the Spanish media after they posted unpixelated photographs of his baby son.

Ronaldo has attempted to keep his son out of the spotlight since it came to light that he was a father, and the child has no public profile whatsoever. His name is not known to the world and Ronaldo has repeatedly asked for him to be left out of any stories printed and any photos he is in for his face to be pixelated out. However, recently newspapers have ignored these calls from the Portuguese superstar.

The statement read;

I've repeatedly asked the media to respect the privacy of my baby son, who has no public profile whatsoever; furthermore there are safety considerations involved. However, some newspapers published again unpixelated photographs of him. I am sorry but I cannot tolerate this and have instructed my lawyers to initiate legal proceedings in case of any new episodes. But I do hope they come to their senses.

Personally, I think good on him. He's asked repeatedly for his son not to be in the spotlight, yet the media constantly involve him. This is the only way to prevent them doing so.

Seems fair enough. I think strangers taking pictures of children shouldn't be allowed by law at all to be honest.

Good on him, hope he takes them to the cleaners

Seems fair enough. I think strangers taking pictures of children shouldn't be allowed by law at all to be honest.

It is against the law.. But being famous the circumstances have a lot to do with it. Still, they should be prosecuted.

I'm glad that the papers exposed Ryan Giggs, but involving peoples Children, that is going too far, famous or not famous.

Despite Ronaldo acting like a spoiled brat on the pitch I have huge respect for him of it, seems like a genuine nice guy with something between his ears. He wants his son to have a normal life and the papers should respect this.

'Single dad, woah wa-woah wa-woah nanananannanaaaaaaaa.

Sorry, that sounded cool in my head.

Hope he wipes the floor with these arses. If they can't respect the wishes of people, especially when involving family, they deserve all they get. Good on him.