Cristiano Ronaldo...

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5K

louiscfc

Reaction score
I am Chelsea in Jan 2018 and Ronaldo's contract is up at end of season with Madrid. I have offered him a contract of 220k a week and its been accepted, but I was wondering if he is still a quality player at 32 years old. My scout says he would be a 'good' signing and has given him 3 stars CA. Does anyone know what he's like at 32? He will be in a decent team with Neymar, Falcao, Hazard, Oscar, Thiago, Isco, Mata etc. so he wont be playing every game but can he still score goals??? and is he still worth 220k a week? My highest earner is Hazard who's on 160k i think.

I personally don't pay my players anymore than 150k per week. If they ask for more I just sell and replace. Therefore, especially as he's 32 (and your highest earner AT CHELSEA is on 160k), I would say 220k is way too much; unless it's for some sentimental reason of course and money doesn't matter.

I personally don't pay my players anymore than 150k per week. If they ask for more I just sell and replace. Therefore, especially as he's 32 (and your highest earner AT CHELSEA is on 160k), I would say 220k is way too much; unless it's for some sentimental reason of course and money doesn't matter.
It's only for a year though so if he doesn't perform then he can go straight away, but it's not everday you get CR7 for free. Just wanna know if he can get me 20-30 goals in a season?

It's only for a year though so if he doesn't perform then he can go straight away, but it's not everday you get CR7 for free. Just wanna know if he can get me 20-30 goals in a season?

Yeah sorry mate, my response was probably a bit over the top. If he plays regularly he'll hit 20 goals easily, he did on my save for Madrid at that age anyway. How are you thinking of using him?

I had a chance to get him on a free too but only offered him a backup role and 44K per week. A bit harsh in hindsight.

Might as well, it would be nice to to manage one of the greatest players ever! Despite winning the league 3 times and champions league twice in three years at liverpool, none of the great players are interested...sad face...violins playing...:)

If you can afford it, go for it!

Yeah sorry mate, my response was probably a bit over the top. If he plays regularly he'll hit 20 goals easily, he did on my save for Madrid at that age anyway. How are you thinking of using him?

I had a chance to get him on a free too but only offered him a backup role and 44K per week. A bit harsh in hindsight.
I currently play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with IF's. Neymar on left and Hazard on right with Falcao and Damiao up front, but would probably play Ronaldo on the left IF and put Neymar up front. Or just rotate him with Neymar.

Might as well, it would be nice to to manage one of the greatest players ever! Despite winning the league 3 times and champions league twice in three years at liverpool, none of the great players are interested...sad face...violins playing...:)

If you can afford it, go for it!
I think I can afford it. Transfer budg: £106m wage budg: £1.19m per week. Got no one else to spend it on! :)

Worth the punt I suppose. Might become a handy squad member in future seasons too if you decide to keep him on. Also, if you wanted to sell him (or any player) in the last couple of months before his contract expires, would their value be really low? (Just wondering if FM is that realistic).

Worth the punt I suppose. Might become a handy squad member in future seasons too if you decide to keep him on. Also, if you wanted to sell him (or any player) in the last couple of months before his contract expires, would their value be really low? (Just wondering if FM is that realistic).
Well Ronaldo's value now is £5.25m (2018) and he has 6 months left on his contract with Real Madrid and he still has amazing stats so if think it's pretty realistic that it's that low because of his contract.

Might as well get him. Be a nice backup to have

Their value will be lower, but also the club will be much more likely to accept low bids for him (E.g. his value might still be £6m but the club might exept a bid of £3m)

Back