Crossing in fm 10 = running heads into open nets?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Now im the guy who hates to cross balls, since none of my frontmen can head a ball to save their life. But on the rare occasion that they score, ive noticed that almost 9/10 of those goals are headers into empty nets, meaning far post crosses being put into the net with the keeper still in the center of goal.

Are all crosses like this? i believe that the realism of heading in fm10 only comes in corners where the ball is powered into the net. Because no matter how weak the cross is, a player can still head the ball with quite some power, but all my crosses dont end up with powerful headers.

Am i doing something wrong, is the crossing not good enough, or do my strikers just have horrible heads. 14 and 15 for heading is not that bad....

There is something wrong with the wdieplay in FM10 thats why most tactics dont work with wingers and the most sucessful Tactics are Narrow

There is something wrong with the wdieplay in FM10 thats why most tactics dont work with wingers and the most sucessful Tactics are Narrow
wideplay does work, its just that narrow play is overpowered, something they are looking to fix in fm11

To be honest I think I've had much more success with wide play than narrow, barring my chelsea save...

My team has always been built around attacking wingers and I've always been successful with it.

To be honest I think I've had much more success with wide play than narrow, barring my chelsea save...
same i've had great success with wideplay, havent used a narrow tactic at all in fm10

I only really use the narrow diamond formation in FM, works a treat.

im still on fm09 but with updated files etc

i notice no matter what team or tactic or great players i bring in my crossing stats is almost always **** like 30% is highest cross completions in 90mins!

i normally did the preseason matches but skipped for speed but its chaos teams not gelling or fit and awful results though i am stoke in 09 lol but still never had a worst start ! though proud my team beating spurs 2-0 away :) even harry redknapp complimented me lol ;) (H)

I use wing-play to good effect most of the time, however my strikers always end up with free headers or vollies, but never well fought out headers.

i am using a narrow tactic for my Santa Cruz save and it is doing absolute wonders, have always used my wide 4-4-2 tactic and 4-5-1 tactic of past, but this tactic is pretty much close on perfect already! :D if anyone wants to try it out, PM me, its a 4-3-2-1 tactic