rrj2415

Reaction score
Could anybody please help me with the situation I'm in. Almost everytime one of my wide players hits the byline they will make a bad decision, all I want is for them to pull the ball back to a free midfielder on the edge of the area but no they just seem to want to wind me up. I have tried wingers and inside forwards both on attacking and supporting duties with a variety of different team instructions and PI to do with crossing. If it's a winger, they will get to the byline (usually inside the box) and then shoot from an impossible angle which they NEVER score when they could pretty much guarantee a goal by just laying it back to the open midfielder on the edge of the box or more usually the penalty spot. On the other hand, a player with a winger role will get to the byline and then cross the ball to usually me striker or maybe the far post for the opposite winger. Yes I know a wingers main aspect is to usually cross the ball into the box, but surely he should have the common sense to see somebody open for a pull back. The wingers I'm targeting this at are hazard and Willian so it's not like they're low league wingers with no vision, low creativity and poor decisions. They are top level winger and just seem brain dead to me, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Does nobody have an answer for this or even have the same problem?

Does nobody have an answer for this or even have the same problem?
No, but then again, it depends on your tactic and instructions. What mentality are you using, for instance? Higher mentalities will see players take more risks, so they will try these ambitious shots much more often.

I think I would make sure that your team instructions include "work ball into box" if you want your players to take less shots at bad angles, and would select "cross less often" for any player you want to cross less. Have you found this works at all?