marshall1313

Reaction score
Am looking to start a Liverpool game, what I was wondering is does anyone have a tactic or any ideas on how to maxmise crossing into the box for Andy Carroll? How to set up? how to go about it? or has they been a tactic successful at crossing play?

Thanks.

There's a Raikan tactic that's good for TM, can't remember which though. As far as I know though, the general consensus is that that sort of approach isn't very effective since FM08/09

Yeah that just doesn't work very well, although playing with TM gets you score more from set-pieces.

I think people needs to understand the difference between a strong header scoring goals ( with his head) in the box and a target man used as a link player in the transition phase. I have used a flat 442 with a player like Carroll setup more or less like a DeepLying FC on attack and he scores between 5- 10 goals every season with his head,( corners nor included ).

I have a 4-4-2 (advanced wingers) which put in at least 20 crosses a game, usually across the far post to his opposite winger just have to score a tap in . i find it very effective although you do rely on quick pacy wingers with good passing, crossing and shooting .

Get some pacey advanced wingers that are good at crossing and use someone like Luis Suarez to get on the end of the Carroll flick-ons but for this kind of thing I would use Raikan's Target Man Winger tactic.