Cruijff's 3-4-3 The Ajax era. The CLASSIC PROJECT II

Zagallo

Reaction score
THE CLASSIC TACTIC PROJECT II

CRUIJFF'S 3-4-3 THE AJAX ERA

After leaving the club in 1983 due to a conflict with president Harmsen, in June 1985 Cruijff returned to Ajax again as the new manager. Cruijff's attacking tactics were immediately illustrated in his first active season, where Ajax ended the season with 120 goals in total,

It was during this period (1985/1988) as manager that Cruijff was able to implement his favoured team formation— three mobile Centre Back's plus one covering space, almost a holding midfielder, two controlling Midfielders (Box to Box) with responsibilities to defend and feed the attack-minded players, one shadow Striker as an Advanced Playmaker, two touchline-hugging Wingers swapping position in game, and one all-round Centre Forward. So successful was this system that Ajax's Van Gaal won the Champions League in 1995 playing Cruijff's system.

Nevertheless, the Total Football that they had propagated became a lasting memory for many football fans.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.filefront.com/15858685/Cruijff%27s%203-4-3%20by%20Zico10.tac

UPDATED 18 MARCH

cruijff.jpg

Last edited:
This is a really good idea you've got going mate, I only saw your Herbert Chapman WM a few minutes ago, but I suggest keeping them all under one thread as people will find them easier.

not too put a downer on your welcome efforts. but the Ajax and W-M tactics are discussed in the tactical theorems and frameworks 10. i created my own version of the W-M a little while ago from the TT&F and have also had a bash at a few of the other classic tactics discussed in the TT&F10.

Thanks for uploading and im sure some users will find it very helpful, but i much prefer to stick to my own tactical visions.

i also agree. stick them all in one thread so they are easy to find ^^)

This is a really good idea you've got going mate, I only saw your Herbert Chapman WM a few minutes ago, but I suggest keeping them all under one thread as people will find them easier.
Cheers Mike, I was thinking the same but the problem is the title. I can't change it and maybe people wouldn't be interested if the title is let's say WM but they wouldn't know if the Ajax tactic is there. But I'm still trying to come up with a solution to kepp them in one thread.

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

let's change it then.

what patch use for this tactic?
and what resultas have?

Started the season with my 3-4-3 Zico tactics and changed to Cruijff's Ajax.
As Wolves embark in this Champions League adventure, we were handed a tough group:Barca, Fenerbahce and Aalborg.
Beat Aalborg 3-0, but that was with my previous tactic, but soon after, against Portsmouth changed to Cruijff's.
A mouthwatering prospect, Barca at the Camp Nou!!

Versus Barca

stbarca.jpg

fxtajx.jpg

Last edited:
Good project. Will keep a look on this one.

You even put some friendlies on international duties. :D

Nice team btw. You managed to grab two very awesome strikers. Welliton always snatched by Chelsea in my game wtf and Riquelme rejected my Wigan wtf again. Haha.

fxtajx.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The friendlies midweek is for them to adapt quickly to tactics and keep remaining players fit. I do that throughout the whole season, and in pre-season I play an average 15 friendlies.

Zagallo

I am really excited about this as I love the Ajax formation and I usually use a variation of it on previous FM's.

What I would like to know id do you use any OI's before the match or any shouts throughout the game

Cheers

Mick

Zagallo

I am really excited about this as I love the Ajax formation and I usually use a variation of it on previous FM's.

What I would like to know id do you use any OI's before the match or any shouts throughout the game

Cheers

Mick

Sorry Mick for my late reply, I've been out for a while in international duty.
No, it's not necessary, but sometimes it can help you if you go with; Work Ball into the Box, Pass to Feet, Keep Possession and Overlap.

wasn't total football 4-3-3 and everyone swap Pos like Rep moved up, cruijff moved into Rep's pos

I have seen people talking about the Ajax 3-4-3 on a few forums now and from what i have read i prefer to try yours. so i started a new game with Sporting Lisbon with a view of trying to bring them European suscess and also there first league title in 7 years.

So far i have only played friendlies and Champions League Qualifying but i have been completley outplaying all opposition.

I have Athletico Madrid in the Champions League Best Placed Playoff, so that should be a real test.

Cheers Zagallo

I am using now on my ajax game and the results are very very encouraging

Mick

I am doing very well with Sporting at the mo. Only a few games into the season but it has been performing well. I seem to be dominating most games, even against Proto and Benfica. I have also got a great defensive record.

I am very surprised to how well this tactic performs defensively with only 3 defenders and the fact the oppostition dosent seem to exploiting the lack of width at the back.

Very well done Zagallo:D