crystal palace possible bankruptcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedsfan86

EIEIEIO........
Reaction score
Hi i have a question. I've just read on sky sports news that people think palace won't make it through the summer and they will fold.

my question is how do they decide who would replace them in the championship (if they stay up)?

i presume the next best team who fails to gain automatic promotion from the league below would go up by default or would the playoff final loser go up?

just wondered does anyone know for sure?

p.s this is not meant to upset palace fans i know what it's like supporting a team that has been in the **** with money. i was just curious.

Last edited:
The point is they won't be a team :S

nah, they might do a Chester if a buyer isn't found. i suppose both League 1 playoff finalists should be promoted.

Such a shame if this happens. :'(

They look like they will stay in the Championship now which is a marvellous achievement when they have had 10 points deducted. :)

They will fold, meaning they won't exist.
I'd assume it would be the play-off runners up?

yeah but if the play off runners up go up that would make the play off final pointless plus it would have to be the same all the way down the leagues.

Do their players get released then ya?
Sean Scannel looks like a decent player

Suppose they leave.

Scannell, Speroni, Clyne and Ambrose are all very good Championship players.

Wouldn't one of the relegated teams not be relegated rather than someone else from league one go up and so on like a team less gets relegated from each league ?

Well if the play off finalists beat whoever finished above them in the league and then they lose in the final and the team they beat go up, it wouldn't be fair at all would it?

I'm sure they'll come to a decision if/when it happens.

Sean Scannell please? (A)

save the super greens. we will bounce back - we are the green army, cream of the westcountry

Green Army? What's that got to do with Crystal Palace? oO)

thats not gunna happen lol not unless someone else in that league goes bust

found my answer apprently wednesday will be reinstated if palace go bust before the fixture list is printed and if they go bust after the championship will contain 23 teams next season :)

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.