Reaction score
I'm not a palace fan (fortunately), but they've appointed a relatively unknown and an 'automatic' experienced manager in gorgeous george. Fans have been disgruntled by the sacking of the doug but I believe they'll be turned by the effective and dynamic leadership of gorgeous george.

I kept the career targets low, no doubt the eagles will soar but the first season could be consolidation as Zaha, parr, pedoza, clyne and scannel will all be considerably better and therefore I can improve on my mid-table finish and hopefully crack the play offs.

I started as any financially impudent club and scheduled friendlies with any large reputation club I could find in any free slot I could use, racking up a million into the clubs coffers which I can only assume steve parish lorded over.

Next thing I did (Stupidly) was sign danny rose and chris herd on loan (even though my two strongest players are clyne and parr) regardless keep calm and carry on.

I was in debt so I made quick work in selling easter, garvan and wright for circa 800k. Tidy bit of business what would make levy proud.

The next problem I faced was clyne, last year of his contract with the potential of a world beater, he simply had all the power. luckily he wasn't as financially astute as me (young levy).... I got him on a 6k a week wage, 20 million release fee higher division / 18 million release fee general / 16 million release fee relegation. Whilst 6k is high he had no real app bonus or goal bonus.

I have kept my staff... against better judgement purely because the financial constraints of sacking and hiring would be considerable compared to perceived short term benefits. (I'm well aware how youth will become vital to palace's success)

I dipped into the transfer market with the remaining money from my sales. I thought I could load up the midfield with 2 dms and one cm.. (4-3-1-2-1) meaning the defence would be sound but obviously scoring would always be a problem with a twenty year old mexican yet to make an first team app, the ageing iversen or impudent murray.

I decided on Marlon Harewood as a cheap strong quick forward who could hold the ball up, score goals and run the channels - coupled with the 4 - 2 - 1 - 2 -1 formation this seemed perfect.

TICTACS

I decided to replicate barcelona, I can almost hear a chorus of laughs from the the FM base regulars. I started pushing my defence up and playing peter ramage and gardener due to their pace (14's). This does have the effect of being closer to the DM's meaning that there's less space for a playmaker to thread balls. clyne and parr have been injured the first few games and have stopped any sniff of a cross into the box. This tactic seems effective at stopping goals, and so far has not hindered any.

Stats

2 full backs - support
2 centre backs - stoppers
2 CDM - DM - support
1 cm - cm - auto
2 wingers - support
1 st - poacher

I have a slow approach with counter attack turned on, short passing.
Zonal marking because my marking is rather low and my positioning is rather high.
Currently working on set pieces which is a problem, ambrose left foot is obviously amazing but I'm not a physically big team so big tony gardener is my main target and generally gets marked out. I will have to devise a solution.

so far.... 5 games 5 wins. 4 in the champ on in the cup. marlon harewood has scored 9, zaha has knocked in 3 and ambrose 2 with jedi, pedroza have got one.

pedroza has clearly not adapted to the english game and clyne and parr are out still.

first team
Jules
herd gardener ramage rose
zaha garvan dikajoi jedi garvan ambrose
harewood

Bro, just letting you know, you're putting this in the wrong section. xD