boro141

Reaction score
Alright guys, so I'm here to ask for everyone's 2 cents on how to approach a cup final - mainly FA Cup and Champions League. I'm currently managing Man City in 2031, and in my 8 or 9 years there I've been in 11 finals (6 FA Cup, 5 CL) and only won 3 (2 FA, 1 CL). I should mention 2 losses came via a shoot-out so are irrelevant tactically.

There is nothing wrong with my team, I play a fairly standard 4-4-2 and have won the league 7 years straight so I must be doing or not doing something in finals.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Depending on location, opposition and your players in form really.

If you're on form with a tactic, stick with it. If for example you're facing Barcelona maybe go abit more defensive.

All depends on the situation tbf mate

i'm guessing that if you've been in that many finals and not won many then maybe your players have an issue with high pressure games as tactically i'd approach it the same as if it was an ordinary league game, but change to more attcking if i was behind by 2 or more at half time or by 1 after 60 minutes.

the only other thing i can think of thatmight help is, say you were manchester united, playing fletcher or someone similar who is brilliant in the big games from teh start instead of someone like valencia or nani and bringing them on late in the game (60-70 minutes) in teh hope they can bring a spark to your team when the opposition are getting tired and weakening.

depends who ur playing against, but i mainly have a good defense layout, mainly my 4-3-3 DM formation.