Chris78901

Reaction score
I am genuinely close to lobbing my laptop out the window. Never has something seemingly so simple been so infuriatingly difficult. Genuinely believe it would be easier to break into a vault at Fort Knox.

Breakdown - I am trying to create a cup for 20 teams. My initial theory was to have a group stage - four groups of 5, everyone plays each other once in said group, top two go through to quarter finals, then obviously you have semis, then the final itself.

NO MATTER WHAT I DO THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.

Every single time without fail, I get a message whenever I test competitions saying 'this isn't right' or 'that isn't right' and no matter what I change, nothing seems to work.

I am by no means a noob when it comes to editing, I have been since FM09 and have created numerous leagues and players etc. This however has me all ends up.

If anyone can provide help, it would be so greatly appreciated you cannot even imagine.

Not sure where it's going wrong for you. Here's a file with one for the 20 teams in the EPL. Just as you laid it out. 4 groups of 5, top 2 go through, knockout from then on.

View attachment 291981