Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've just got Scunthorpe to the Quarter Final of the Capital One Cup, where I lost to Man City quite convincingly.
But my question relates to the cup run itself.
Will I receive any money for getting the team this far in the cup, and if so will it be paid at the end of the season / cup?

Usually Cup money is paid once the said cup has finished. So once the final has been played if you are due any money then you will receive it, i'm not 100% but I would imagine you will receive a small amount.

Usually Cup money is paid once the said cup has finished. So once the final has been played if you are due any money then you will receive it, i'm not 100% but I would imagine you will receive a small amount.

Thankyou for the quick response, answered my question perfectly :)

I'm not sure if the QFs pay out, but generally most of the cash from cup games comes from gate receipts and TV money (if you're lucky enough). My FA cup match when I was in the BSP against a L1 team got picked for TV and I got 70k, massive amount for my club at the time

I'm not sure if the QFs pay out, but generally most of the cash from cup games comes from gate receipts and TV money (if you're lucky enough). My FA cup match when I was in the BSP against a L1 team got picked for TV and I got 70k, massive amount for my club at the time

Come to think of it, we did get picked for TV and recieved like £120,000. That's not too bad actually.
I was more asking because we'd just slipped into debt, and needed the money lol