kingmatt899

Reaction score
Admin: I have searched for a thread like this if there is it has a **** name because I cant find one.

I wanted to know the best cup run you have ever had like it doesnt matter what cup (obviously not super cups) because I find a decent cup run is one of the more rewarding aspects of the game

I think I am currently on the best run ever as I am currently managing Bolton and I am in Carling Cup Semi-Finals after beating Chelsea 3-0, my personal favourite beating Manchester City 6-1 and then I was drawn with Arsenal at that point I thought FM was taking the **** and I beat them 2-0 at Emirates.

That sounds awesome man. well done

With out cheating, My best cup run came with MSK Zilina in the Euro cup. Beat Atletico in the final 2-1, awesome run. I took alot of time to prepare for the matches too

i won the carling cup as huddersfield because all of the big teams kept playing their younger team

Best cup run was with Dortmund, got to the final of the Champions league and lost 3-2 against Barca. Beat Man U 9-3 on aggregate :)

leeds - fa cup semi final first season. avoided all the big teams untill 6th round. away at villa top 6 of prem, won 2-1. got man utd in semis and lost 3-2. gutted.

With West brom I managed to get to the final of the fa cup and semi of the carling cup but got badly beaten by Man United on both occasions :(

With West brom I managed to get to the final of the fa cup and semi of the carling cup but got badly beaten by Man United on both occasions :(

Thats not too good as they are the team I will play in the final

I'm like a Tea Bag.. I never stay in the cup for long.

Managed Havant and Waterlooville to the 6th Round on '10, and won the FA Trophy as well :)

i got crewe alex to the final of the F.A cup ( i was mid table in the championship at the time btw.)before being thrashed by arsenal. i got easy draws including corby in the fourth round and didn't face a premier league team til the quarters when i got strugglers blackburn and then sunderland in the semis.

in FM10 i got plymouth argyle to the semi's of the league cup and the FA cup havnt done so well in the cups on FM11 yet (expect from when im managing big teams)

I've had a few with Birmingham - FA Cup 2 seasons running - Won both
Carling Cup Final in season 1 (Lost to Chelsea)
Won Europa League in season 2

i got to the final of the fa cup with bristol city, i knocked man utd out on penalties about round 5 lol, it was such a shock lol.

Coupe de France Semifinals with Arles-Avignon on my first season, was leading the league as well, but quit playing because my reserves weren't playing and I couldn't properly rotate players because they were unfit, got ****** and threw the save out the window.

Champions League win in the first season with United. I cruised through the group stage and got drawn with Real Madrid in the first knock out round. Won 3-1 in a tough encounter. Next round against Sampdoria, I lost 5-1 on the road, horrible result for the team, I was really ******. Second leg, crushed them 6-0 to win the draw 7-5 on aggregate, haven't been that happy over an FM match since I won my first Champions League. The semi-final saw me drawn against Arsenal. Lost 2-0 in the first leg at the Emirates and conceded early in the second leg to go down 3-0. First home 5 goals, including 4 from Rooney to win the match in another great comeback. Finally, I was in the final with a match against Barcelona. Should be tough, right? Wrong, jumped out to an early lead and cruised to a 4-0 win.

I know its not impressive that I won the Champions League with Manchester United, but its how I did it. Having to battle back twice against Sampdoria and Arsenal. Taking care of Real Madrid. And finally crushing Barcelona to lift the cup. I think it was a great run.

second season with leeds . first season in prem just won league cup... avoided all the big guns and got man u in final and they played 16 yr olds and i hammered them 4-0

To finish where I started I successfully won the Carling Cup with Bolton and im not kidding when I say its the first trophy I have won on FM 2011. And was won by beating Hull in the Final.

Kidderminster Harriers 1st season in the FA Cup - beat Wycombe third round, drew at home to Reading 4th round but won replay away, drew at home to Portsmouth 5th round but again won the replay away, beat West Ham in the quarter final away. got Man United in the semi final but got absolutely hammered 8-1.

I think the best cup run i will ever have