JSMarsden

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm quite new to FM and played FM 2012 for a few seasons. However, I understand how to create the 3 formations that you are allowed (The starting, and then 2 backup formations).

However, the problem I am facing is that when I tweak one formation, then the other will alter.

I.E 4-4-2 Man Utd. Midfield - Nani, Modric, Carrick, Gotze.

When I go to my 4-2-2-2 formation , and pop modric and carrick to CDM, Gotze and Nani on wings, then the 4-4-2 setup will have changed and moved players, despite being saved.

This basically means that when I want to swap my formation during a game, I have to manually sort out who I want where as all my formations are moved up.

Any help is appreciated and sorry if this is something silly I am doing

thanks

IIrc, this was a cosmetic isue in the previous patches. Are you usre that you are playing on the latest one ? Anyway, If you click on the squad and then on the tactics again, things should be back to normal again and only the one tactic you actually wanted to tweak has been altered.

Still on the older patch as my game always seems to crash when I install the update, but think its something to do with me installing it wrong/Pc most likely needing a format of some sort.

I alter the formation, go to squads, check messages etc and progress to next few days, go back to my formations and they're still wrong but I guess illl just have to put up with this and change it game by game

Still on the older patch as my game always seems to crash when I install the update, but think its something to do with me installing it wrong/Pc most likely needing a format of some sort.

I alter the formation, go to squads, check messages etc and progress to next few days, go back to my formations and they're still wrong but I guess illl just have to put up with this and change it game by game

You cant install it wrong. Just get online with Steam and let it update it for you. Then you won't have to worry about it.

I think its a problem with Steam as i edited some files for CSS that I used to play, and now most updates that occur keep going into the CSS folder for some bizzare reason which probably means I need a fresh install of steam, which I can't be bothered atm!

but thanks, at least i know what the issue is now!! :)