Custom generic_3d_kits (Beta)

dw420

Reaction score
Coming back from an 8 year hiatus i was sad to find out that FMs vanilla kits are exactly the same as i left them.

So i wasted a weekend and made a full set of 57x3 +2 textures (56 club kits+1x3+ref+ref alt) ..99% of them are based on the vanilla designs...but with a lot more detail added to them (eg kit logos,club badge, sponsors)...the rest are just me mucking about.

The previews are not "fixed" so you will have to work with your imagination (in a few instances.)

THIS WILL CHANGE THE KITS FOR EVERY CLUB YOU DONT HAVE CUSTOM 3D KITS FOR.

I will update it at some point so that it reflects the vanilla shirts/shorts/socks 1 for 1..until then...it should be treated more than anything as a proof of concept.
https://www.nexusmods.com//mods/1?game_id=3365

preview.png
basic kits prev1.png

Install:
Extract to "...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\textures"

NUMBER COLOURS.
"same as front" = usually the same as the front...but sometimes not....numbers should be painted per occasion...predominantly against the foreground.
"box for number" = numbers should be painted against the Foreground colour
"plain" = numbers should be painted against the Background colour

Uninstall:
Delete the folder generic_kits from "...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\textures"

PS. If you are a kitmaker reading this...please make a pack as well.

With enough packs...one could swap every couple of years...simulating the clubs new kit design choices :).

Last edited:
Hi mate does this help with getting 2d kits into the match engine ?

Hi mate does this help with getting 2d kits into the match engine ?
Atm this changes only the 3d kit textures....it wont affect any aspect of the 2d kits...so previewing the kits is a bit awkward.

Most of them are tweaked versions of the default kits...until i got creatively bored and did my own thing.

2d kits I didn't even look at doing...they are the very last thing i would touch since they are essentially 3d kit previews and everything else needs to be "100% done" first. :)

Last edited:
Ok mate so this won't basically help a 2d kit I've got go onto my match day kit ?

Ok mate so this won't basically help a 2d kit I've got go onto my match day kit ?

2d kit textures are different files than the 3d kit textures...and yes ..you can only see the changes "inside" a match. :)

PS. Although you shouldn't need to...reload skin :)

Download moved to Nexus...it will make it easier to get feedback and provide (light) support if everything funnels there.

Glad to see there is some interest in these :)
---0.2 is up on Nexus

-Version 0.3 has been released
Vanilla kit designs (only ads , logos etc added)
2D kits

Todo: Socks and Shorts (pack is fully functional as it is)

As always i kindly request that you respect my wishes and not re-upload this on any other hosts. Thank you.

Attachments

• v0.3 2d previewB.png
    v0.3 2d previewB.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • v0.3 2d previewA.png
    v0.3 2d previewA.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 118
  • fm 2020-08-01 22-42-07.png
    fm 2020-08-01 22-42-07.png
    864.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
---Alongside the basic kit pack there is another small pack available for download.

One of the things it does is replaces the ugly yellow found in the 3d stadia with a neutral white (see attachment)

Attachments

• Stadia fix preview.png
    Stadia fix preview.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
3d match pack 0.2 is now available.

link can be found in the first post