Custom League- Asean Super League

er sons

Reaction score
A 3 division custom league and domestic cup consisting top teams of all Asean countries. As I'm Singaporean, I also brought back the now Extinct Lions XII FC and filled its squad with free Singapore players. It would be a challenge for you to lead Lions XII from div 3 to div 1., and the Asean league is a very good place for anyone to start a journeyman save.

additional fix on MUFC, zebre and allegris name.
Screenshot (78).png
Screenshot (77).png
Screenshot (76).png
Screenshot (79).png

Do provide feedback if there is any issues (multiple tests says no so far) in this database as its my first pre game editor project. Enjoy!

Attachments

• ASL.fmf
    25.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
7 subs named are too little. Are you able to create 11 subs?

Nice database btw. Singaporean myself as well.
No qualifications into the AFC champion league in this DB?

Would have liked for maybe top 4 to qualify for champions league to challenge the rest of the asian powerhouses.

Nice database btw. Singaporean myself as well.
No qualifications into the AFC champion league in this DB?

Would have liked for maybe top 4 to qualify for champions league to challenge the rest of the asian powerhouses.
Hey Bhao,

There is qualification to Asian Champions League (ACL) ! the two ways to qualify is by finishing top 4 in the Asean Super League (ASL) or by winning the Asean Super Cup (ASC) . Because the ACL season is from January to December (like most asian leagues) whereas the ASL is from July to May (like most european leagues) the earliest any team in ASL can qualify for the ACL will be in 2023, January. To test that teams from ASL do indeed qualify for the ACL. you can simulate to about march 2023 and you will see that the top 4 in ASL 21/22 season has qualified for ACL. (Attached is a screenshot from my save in 2030 showing the top 4 qualifying for ACL)

Some oddities i have noticed in my savegame would be

1.Singapore national coefficient drops if ASL teams don't make it far into ACL meaning lesser qualification places
2.Some teams permanently qualifying for ACL ( so far i only noticed stallion fc)
3.foreign teams represent their countries and not singapore thus not helping the coefficient for ASL (sometimes buriram/bangkok united will be represented by thai flag and not singapore)

After my multiple save game restarts, here are some additional free tips you can use to get the most out of this database:
1,Start unemployed and simulate about 3 seasons in so that the league feels more balanced (stronger teams will have been promoted and weaker relegated)
2. play with china, korea and australian leagues as playable leagues so that ACL is more challenging
3.thai teams are significantly better than anyone else bar Johor DT and Persija so do what you wish with that info (I tend to give 1 strong player/manager to teams like chantabouly and ha noi fc to balance the thai dominance while playing with Lions XII)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-26 015434.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-26 015434.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hey thanks for the quick reply! That explains it. I went in and saw there wasn't ACL in the qualifications hence came to ask.
Looking forward to getting started on this save. I started FM22 with LCS with the goal of taking them to winning the ACL but found it hard as players that were coming through academy were not good enough, season got a little bit mundane and there wasn't enough prize money to get better foreign players as well. So looking forward to taking up this challenge with this database!

Hey Bhao,

There is qualification to Asian Champions League (ACL) ! the two ways to qualify is by finishing top 4 in the Asean Super League (ASL) or by winning the Asean Super Cup (ASC) . Because the ACL season is from January to December (like most asian leagues) whereas the ASL is from July to May (like most european leagues) the earliest any team in ASL can qualify for the ACL will be in 2023, January. To test that teams from ASL do indeed qualify for the ACL. you can simulate to about march 2023 and you will see that the top 4 in ASL 21/22 season has qualified for ACL. (Attached is a screenshot from my save in 2030 showing the top 4 qualifying for ACL)

Just curious as well, do you think an ASEAN super league is needed to elevate the competition in Singapore?
I was talking to a few people and I mentioned that I feel it's hard for Singaporean footballers to feel like they are professionals when you're hardly travelling for games. They're not getting the 'full footballer experience' such as taking planes for away games, staying at hotels 2-3 days before match days etc. Instead, you almost go to the same stadium for most of the games, just seems kind of bland.
Of course there are many other reasons too.

What do you think

Hey thanks for the quick reply! That explains it. I went in and saw there wasn't ACL in the qualifications hence came to ask.
Looking forward to getting started on this save. I started FM22 with LCS with the goal of taking them to winning the ACL but found it hard as players that were coming through academy were not good enough, season got a little bit mundane and there wasn't enough prize money to get better foreign players as well. So looking forward to taking up this challenge with this database!

Eyyy i played LC sailors in fm21. in fact it was thru Fm that i found out there was a new team called Sailors haha

Idky but i can't seem to get it to show that you have qualified for ACL a the end of the asl season so dont be alarmed when the league finishes and you have no notification that youve qualified. rest assured as long as you finished in top 4 you will qualify for next years ACL (unless singapore qualification places becomes lower due to drop in national coeffecients).

Just curious as well, do you think an ASEAN super league is needed to elevate the competition in Singapore?
I was talking to a few people and I mentioned that I feel it's hard for Singaporean footballers to feel like they are professionals when you're hardly travelling for games. They're not getting the 'full footballer experience' such as taking planes for away games, staying at hotels 2-3 days before match days etc. Instead, you almost go to the same stadium for most of the games, just seems kind of bland.
Of course there are many other reasons too.

What do you think
I fully agreee with your point. i mean travelling from jalan besar to hougang stadium is hardly any travelling hahaha.

I think ASL would not just benefits the level of football but also the interest and commercial value of football in Asean as a whole. Im sure if we see sailors vs persija or tampines vs johor there would be a sense of patriotism to support/ watch sg teams although i wouldnt bet on us winning those games irl HAHAHHA.

I just simulated one season and noticed that the work permit rules for foreign players is 30% of international games played. But for ASEAN teams, its hard to sign a Brazilian that has played 30% of international games as someone who did that would not be playing in South East Asia. It almost makes it impossible to sign any foreign players no?

Any particular reason for that work permit rule?

Eyyy i played LC sailors in fm21. in fact it was thru Fm that i found out there was a new team called Sailors haha

Idky but i can't seem to get it to show that you have qualified for ACL a the end of the asl season so dont be alarmed when the league finishes and you have no notification that youve qualified. rest assured as long as you finished in top 4 you will qualify for next years ACL (unless singapore qualification places becomes lower due to drop in national coeffecients).

I just simulated one season and noticed that the work permit rules for foreign players is 30% of international games played. But for ASEAN teams, its hard to sign a Brazilian that has played 30% of international games as someone who did that would not be playing in South East Asia. It almost makes it impossible to sign any foreign players no?

Any particular reason for that work permit rule?
Asean generated regens are significantly better and in my opinion a little too overpowered. wait for your first youth intake/look at other teams youth intake you will find players with upwards of 180 potential ability. you definitely can win the ACL with just asean players.

the reason the work permit rules are not as relaxed is because i wanted to win ACL with domestic players rather than a squad full of south american regens thus i opted to make Asean regens stronger.

Last edited:
That's interesting and definitely something I would want to achieve as well. But do you know if there's anyway that I can change the work permit rules? Would like the option of getting foreign players open for myself.

Asean generated regens are significantly better and in my opinion a little too overpowered. wait for your first youth intake/look at other teams youth intake you will find players with upwards of 180 potential ability. you definitely can win the ACL with just asean players.

the reason the work permit rules are not as relaxed is because i wanted to win ACL with domestic players rather than a squad full of south american regens thus i opted to make Asean regens stronger.

That's interesting and definitely something I would want to achieve as well. But do you know if there's anyway that I can change the work permit rules? Would like the option of getting foreign players open for myself.
Attached database has removed work permit and foreign player limit rules for ASL. Do note that ACL has strict foreign player limit by default that i cannot change.

Attachments

• No WP ASL.fmf
    25.3 KB · Views: 14
Thanks so much. Especially for the effort in this custom database! Hope there will be more SEA fm players that use this database.

Attached database has removed work permit and foreign player limit rules for ASL. Do note that ACL has strict foreign player limit by default that i cannot change.

thanks for creating this db. i am singaporean too.. will be giving this a go when i get 22 in june. Probably will use sailors since i am lcs fan irl.. hehe