carbers

Reaction score
I saw that a few people are wanting to know how to put their fave team thats not in any of the playable leagues into one of those playable leagues.

I hope it helps :) and there are a few screenshots to view for help to.

1. Load up the data editor
steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\tools\data editor
non-steam: c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2009\tools\data editor
And run the data editor.exe

2. Go to edit, options. You can ask the editor to load things like player histories if you want to be able to edit those aswell. Then go to file, load database. select a database and press ok

3. On the left you have a search list. Click on competitions and then on the right (the large main window) you can search for the league of your choice.

4. Once found the league, double click it to view its details. On the left click onto team. That will list all the teams in that league.

5. Select a team and press the swap button at the bottom of the main window. Search for the club of your choice and press ok.

6. You should now see your team listed in the league. Save the database and go onto FM09 and start a new game with that database, unless you want to edit other things while your there.

And lastly.. Enjoy the game with your local team or whatever :)
(If theres already help for this then, i'm sorry i didnt see it)

Thanks for putting this guide up.

Its a very simple and obvious thing to do and has been in the editor since at least 01/02 but get quite a few people on irc asking about it.

Id make a links sticky and link to useful threads like this as well but noone pays attention to that either (see all the dupe threads in player forum despite the links thread)

dont forget to change the last position of your team with that o the one you swaped it with, this means you'll be seeded correctly for all of the cups etc.

when i create a new game how do i use the custom database as it doesnt appear in the list of databases???

If you installed FM2009 with steam and you can find your data editor go to your pc (My Computer) Then in the bar copy and paste this into it:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

Then it should appear :)

For those, like me who did not have the editor.
You can download it at the official Football Manager site.
^^)

lad you must also remember that for some clubs you have to run a large database and all players from england (if your club is from england) to get all of the right players at the team.

You don't need to download the Data Editor everyone has it regardless.

I saw that a few people are wanting to know how to put their fave team thats not in any of the playable leagues into one of those playable leagues.

I hope it helps :) and there are a few screenshots to view for help to.

1. Load up the data editor
steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\tools\data editor
non-steam: c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2009\tools\data editor
And run the data editor.exe

2. Go to edit, options. You can ask the editor to load things like player histories if you want to be able to edit those aswell. Then go to file, load database. select a database and press ok

3. On the left you have a search list. Click on competitions and then on the right (the large main window) you can search for the league of your choice.

4. Once found the league, double click it to view its details. On the left click onto team. That will list all the teams in that league.

5. Select a team and press the swap button at the bottom of the main window. Search for the club of your choice and press ok.

6. You should now see your team listed in the league. Save the database and go onto FM09 and start a new game with that database, unless you want to edit other things while your there.

And lastly.. Enjoy the game with your local team or whatever :)
(If theres already help for this then, i'm sorry i didnt see it)

when i do this and create my home team haslington and i start a new game and choose this edit via the drop down menu when i click star game and i have 2 pick nations for my club to be in and because i want haslington to be in the blue square north the nation englandissapears from the nation list so i cant choose any english teams can someone help me please

this is because there is too many teams in that league. delete one of them and then itll work.