toonfan2005

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question, cant find an answer on.

Has anyone any tips on how to make my full backs cut out crosses from the byeline, because it seems to me that they never seem too, and the winger makes almost 100% of his crosses, and it always falls to someone at near post 90% of the time.

Thanks in Advance

Put your fullbacks to cut inside or give them more passing option.

but will it make the fullbacks atleast attempt to cut out the crosses?

Hi just a quick question, cant find an answer on.

Has anyone any tips on how to make my full backs cut out crosses from the byeline, because it seems to me that they never seem too, and the winger makes almost 100% of his crosses, and it always falls to someone at near post 90% of the time.

Thanks in Advance

Hm... Are you talking about yoour fullbacks not crossing or that they cant show the opposition winger down the line to prevent an early cross

If its the first..then..
Is it that the wingers cross BEFORE that fullback comes to support ( then its more of an issue with the general flow and the wingers settings. Here, its more about not playing so direct and having your fullbacks on attack and the wingers on support

Is it that the fullbacks have the ball but decides to cross from deep ?. Then its eityher because they decide NOT to try to beat their man to get to the byline, or that they indeed have their crossing set from deep, or that you play a high tempo game with the fullbacks trying to get the ball forward as soon as possible etc etc

If its the 2nd: THave you tried showing the wingers outside ( i.e showing the left winger onto his left foot and right on right ) ?

Put your fullbacks to cut inside or give them more passing option.

That would make them wander inside with the ball on their wrong foot.

Last edited:
That would make them wander inside with the ball on their wrong foot.

Yes if you give them creative freedom and run with ball and allow em to much mentality. You dont want your fbs trying to score anyway? But If you have em on support killer balls often, they will only cut inside to support. Try it, works great for me

Last edited:
Yes if you give them creative freedom and run with ball and allow em to much mentality. You dont want your fbs trying to score anyway? But If you have em on support killer balls often, they will only cut inside to support. Try it, works great for me

Cut Inside = as the opposite of huge touchline = with the ball movement and this will make the wide player travell with the ball into the center of the park.

So indeed, It can be a great idea but that does not help the OP with his problem, no matter what he is referring to ( i.e if he wants them to block the oppositions wingers from making crosses against the near post or if he wants his fullbacks huging the touchline to make crosses from byline)

Cut Inside = as the opposite of huge touchline = with the ball movement and this will make the wide player travell with the ball into the center of the park.

So indeed, It can be a great idea but that does not help the OP with his problem, no matter what he is referring to ( i.e if he wants them to block the oppositions wingers from making crosses against the near post or if he wants his fullbacks huging the touchline to make crosses from byline)

He wants hes fullbacks to stop crossing into the bocks, and they wont cross from the inside, they will rather pass the ball.

He wants hes fullbacks to stop crossing into the bocks, and they wont cross from the inside, they will rather pass the ball.

Aha, I see your point but I dont think that is what he is after. ( but we will know as sson as he answers us)

Aha, I see your point but I dont think that is what he is after. ( but we will know as sson as he answers us)

Haha after reading over hes post a few times I think your right, sorry im tiered. But this is something I'm experimenting on right now

Thanks for the replies, its my fullbacks that allow the opposition wingers to cross from the byline almost at will, How do i get my fullbacks to cut out the crosses.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the replies, its my fullbacks that allow the opposition wingers to cross from the byline almost at will, How do i get my fullbacks to cut out the crosses.

Thanks in advance

More defensive mentality, showing them onto wrong foot, marking tightly/man marking, deeper defensive line so they don't get skinned while high up the field, less fluid style, closing them down, defending duty... There are a number of ways to deal with the problem. I'd say showing them onto wrong foot and closing them down to start with, see if that helps.