Kinag

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been trying for a while to create a tactic where my entire team works together in order to shut down the opposition.
The idea is that when they don't have possession they will cut every single passing lane from the opponent which has the ball, so that he only can pass backward or sideways.

I last saw this in the Arsenal vs. Liverpool game where every liverpool player simply stood next to the other arsenal players so they couldn't be a safe pass.
Whenever an arsenal player turned with their back to the liverpool player they suddenly burst forward closing him down, making them make mistakes and lose the ball.

This was defensively sound, which is why Arsenal never had a shot on goal.

When they had the ball the tempo went up considerably and they burst forward into spaces and played direct balls through the defense which ended up in spectacular goals.

Is this at all possible in this ME?

I've tried, but for the life of me I can't get it 100% correct, it's not working well enough, even with high workrate and aggression.

Hi,

I've been trying for a while to create a tactic where my entire team works together in order to shut down the opposition.
The idea is that when they don't have possession they will cut every single passing lane from the opponent which has the ball, so that he only can pass backward or sideways.

I last saw this in the Arsenal vs. Liverpool game where every liverpool player simply stood next to the other arsenal players so they couldn't be a safe pass.
Whenever an arsenal player turned with their back to the liverpool player they suddenly burst forward closing him down, making them make mistakes and lose the ball.

This was defensively sound, which is why Arsenal never had a shot on goal.

When they had the ball the tempo went up considerably and they burst forward into spaces and played direct balls through the defense which ended up in spectacular goals.

Is this at all possible in this ME?

I've tried, but for the life of me I can't get it 100% correct, it's not working well enough, even with high workrate and aggression.

I'm not entirely sure if you'd be able to get it into the ME since That defensive system is more training ground routines and drills, than tactical instruction.

You'd want to have plenty of midfield players set to support duties and with no tight marking set. Then your players would need to ave excellent positing, concentration, Work-rate and Stamina.

Best I can come up with is Use Man Marking and Close Down Much More to cut down the passing opportunities.

As well as previously mentioned - players with the right attributes would be essential.