bentheposh

Reaction score
My last thread about taking Wealdstone to the top tailed off almost immediately. It was boring and I've done it a million times before.

A couple of weeks ago I found out that the Welsh lower leagues had been added. One of the teams I noticed was Caerau Ely. Now I live in Caerau and had no idea that they even had a football team. So, the plan is to take Caerau Ely to the top. I've never attempted anything even close to this impossible so I'm excited about what could happen.

SHORT TERM GOALS:
Get promoted

LONG TERM GOALS:
Build the Welsh Leagues reputation to be a top 10 league. This can take years I'm told. Like, 50 or 100.
Build New Stadium
Build Wales showpiece youth development facilities.
Become a Caerau Ely legend

More to follow.

Just finished building a new rig with a Ryzen 5 3600 in it. So now to start this FM story with a decent cpu and plenty of leagues open.

First thing I'm doing is finding staff. Pretty much all staff available are absolute pants.

This is the best fitness coach. His fitness is ONE but he has great determination, and level of discipline. Interestingly this super disciplined, highly determined individual has a motivating of ONE. Weird guy to be around I imagine.

bad fitness coach.jpg

Nearly all staff are like that apart from a random guy who is insanely good. It must be some bug. I'm snapping him up for £0 p/w as my assistant manager.

roy aitken.jpg

First game of the season. Man off after 3 mins and win 6-2. Promotion is on.

20200109235434_1.jpg

We are expecting a decent turnout for the next match apparently. 20 fans.

20200109235356_1.jpg

Last edited:
At the halfway stage and it's nowhere near as easy as I thought it would be. Promotion is still very doable but we need to get past the mighty Afan Lido.

20200110120924_1.jpg

We've signed Craig Bellamy's son. Craig's tackling was never his strong point but his son takes the biscuit.

20200110124213_1.jpg

So close to beating TNS but we do bag a whopping £6000 for getting to the quarter finals of the Welsh Cup.

20200110143234_1.jpg

Promoted with 2 games left! Got a 5k wage budget now and turning semi-pro. Hopefully I can get rid of this fitness coach too.

20200110151542_1.jpg

So it's January 1st and we sit top in our debut season. It's pretty tight and it looks like going to the wire with no one in the top 3 ever slipping up too much.

20200110231057_1.jpg

Good to see Bangor back in the premier league and then doing really well! Had a really good save with them last year and IRL they got into financial trouble and got relegated despite finishing like 3rd or so. Crazy!

Good to see Bangor back in the premier league and then doing really well! Had a really good save with them last year and IRL they got into financial trouble and got relegated despite finishing like 3rd or so. Crazy!

I thought it would be me and TNS year after year but Bangor seem decent.

20200111104115_1.jpg

Last edited:
So after dominating all season we have had a major slump and now qualifying for europe, which was basically a lock, is now in doubt with Bala hot on my heels.

20200111135646_1.jpg

This is what an insanely good regen looks like for a club like Caerau Ely.

20200111142606_1.jpg

Scraped through to EURO Cup II whatever that is, on goal difference. We completely collapsed in the last quarter of the season. I don't know if these players at this level can't take a whole season but somehow they just turned off and we lost nearly every game. Still, we should be happy with this in our first season in the top Welsh league.

20200111160431_1.jpg

So we won the league in our second season. It was ultra close tho. Much harder than I thought it would be.

20200112182857_1.jpg

Our first ever CL qualifier is one to remember. We got absolutely stuffed.....and won. Let's see what happens in the second leg.

20200112204243_1.jpg

Can the team (or any Welsh team) get promoted into the English league system? If no, why not? It puzzles me why some Welsh teams like Swansea and Cardiff are in the English league system, and some teams are not.

Can the team (or any Welsh team) get promoted into the English league system? If no, why not? It puzzles me why some Welsh teams like Swansea and Cardiff are in the English league system, and some teams are not.

In short, No.

The reason Swansea are in the English League along with Cardiff, Wrexham, Newport and i think 2 others(?) is because, when the previous clubs were formed, there was no Welsh League, so there only option was to Join the English League.
When the League of Wales was formed in 1992, all these clubs were given the option to join but all obviously declined due to monetary reasons I imagine.