GZographos

Reaction score
Hi... I downloaded an editor data file to play the Cyprus League in FM2011 but I get an error and it says: "Too many teams (14) requested from marfin laiki championship (13 teams)". How can I fix this??? Thank you!

Hi... I downloaded an editor data file to play the Cyprus League in FM2011 but I get an error and it says: "Too many teams (14) requested from marfin laiki championship (13 teams)". How can I fix this??? Thank you!

Go into the editor, load that database, and change the Cyprus league rules to 14 max team instead of 13 max teams. Whoever made that database didn't check it.

Hi Karzid... Sorry but its the first time I'm playing the FM2011... How exactly can I do this? Where is this editor? Can you write me the exact steps how to do this please? Thank u very much! By the way my file is called "Cyprus.dbc" and I can't find a program to open it!

If you used steam then its here C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\tools\editor
ive created a shortcut on my desktop to make it easier to find.
then click file - load database
then click load editor data and select the cyprus file
go onto nation rules and click on the premierleague and under max teams change to 14 like said above. hope that helps :)

Hi Luke... I did what u said and when I loaded the Cyprus.dbc file in the editor, its already set to: Max Teams 14! Then when I opened a new game using that file it still says: "Too many teams (14) requested from marfin laiki championship (13 teams)"! :((( Thanks anyway man!!!

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

In reality, the Cypriot league has 14 teams... In the game they have 13 teams... I don't know why! The database file is correct and I need to find something to add the missing team in the game!

Hi Luke... I did what u said and when I loaded the Cyprus.dbc file in the editor, its already set to: Max Teams 14! Then when I opened a new game using that file it still says: "Too many teams (14) requested from marfin laiki championship (13 teams)"! :((( Thanks anyway man!!!

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

In reality, the Cypriot league has 14 teams... In the game they have 13 teams... I don't know why! The database file is correct and I need to find something to add the missing team in the game!
ok well you would need to either change it to max and min teams 13 or add another team to the league but then other leagues would be inbalanced too...
i think i downloaded same file for my last save with 4 tiers and think i had same problem but i messed around with budgets as an experiment to see if i could make cyprus league one of best in europe so my save is no good to you :(

The second option sounds good to add another team from a lower division... I dont care about the lower divisions, I will only use the first one!!! How can I do this??? Thanks, I really appreciate your help! :)

after you load the database:

click "Database" tab in Menu section
click "Competitions" tab in Database section
enter the competition's name
click "Teams" tab in competition's section
add one team in it

well, I'm not sure why the teams are only 13
in the 11.2 patch, it has 14 teams

Hi bijak... I tried this and it seems that my database has all 14 teams end everything is correct... The problem is inside the game which is missing one team (Doxa THOI Katokopias)! I installed the 11.2 update and this team still missing!!! :( Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Hi bijak... I tried this and it seems that my database has all 14 teams end everything is correct... The problem is inside the game which is missing one team (Doxa THOI Katokopias)! I installed the 11.2 update and this team still missing!!! :( Any ideas? Thanks!!!
Not sure why it wont work but if you want ill download the cyprus database and then edit it for you so it works and then send it to you to download. should be able to do it later unless you manage to fix it yourself before then.

Hi Guys... I didn't find any solutions for the Cyprus league yet... I need some help please!!! Thank u!!! :)