Daft Punk's latest album

Fish Hunter

Reaction score
It's terrible. I really don't understand the hype around it. "Get Lucky" is a decent song, but not a hit. Daft Punk miserably failed and it seems like the comeback is just a way to get money back in the bank and it works, as people follow Daft Punk as some sort cult.

What is your opinion on their latest album?

I wouldn't go as far to say it's terrible. I wouldn't even say I'm disappointed. Touch is one of tracks of the year so far in my opinion. I hear people moan saying that they've changed their style and that they've sold out&this and that and the next thing, but that's just what Daft Punk do. In RAM they've covered a wide range of styles from a few different time periods, and in my opinion it is this evolution of the album, representative of the evolution of the genre, that makes this album great. That and that some of the songs are super catchy.

I do agree with Fish Hunter, I was honestly expecting a lot more from the Album to be honest.. I love Get Lucky and Touch and like one or two others.. but they have not made an album for years and probably thought they would try something different.. remember music industry is all about reinventing yourself (then you get the Taylor Swifts, Michael Buble's who do the same thing over and over, they have a certain part of the market and will continue until its depleted)

I honestly believe Imagine Dragons have produced one of the best albums in history in my opinion! I cannot recall a better album with so many great songs in a very, very long time!

Bleeding Out, When We Get older (Radioactive of course) and so so many other tracks are incredible

I wouldn't go as far to say it's terrible. I wouldn't even say I'm disappointed. Touch is one of tracks of the year so far in my opinion. I hear people moan saying that they've changed their style and that they've sold out&this and that and the next thing, but that's just what Daft Punk do. In RAM they've covered a wide range of styles from a few different time periods, and in my opinion it is this evolution of the album, representative of the evolution of the genre, that makes this album great. That and that some of the songs are super catchy.

Terrible is probably an overreaction from my side, but you get the point. I wouldn't say it's the evolution of the genre, since they are just replicating pop music. However, Avicii's new song "Wake Me Up" is an evolution of the House genre, since it's a beautiful combination of House and Country music. Avicii strives to go away from the mainstream Electro with some awesome melodies. In my opinion he is greater than Daft Punk.

I do agree with Fish Hunter, I was honestly expecting a lot more from the Album to be honest.. I love Get Lucky and Touch and like one or two others.. but they have not made an album for years and probably thought they would try something different.. remember music industry is all about reinventing yourself (then you get the Taylor Swifts, Michael Buble's who do the same thing over and over, they have a certain part of the market and will continue until its depleted)

I honestly believe Imagine Dragons have produced one of the best albums in history in my opinion! I cannot recall a better album with so many great songs in a very, very long time!

Bleeding Out, When We Get older (Radioactive of course) and so so many other tracks are incredible

Yeah, I agree with you on this one. Imagine Dragons are awesome. If you wait for Avicii's new album you'll have the exact same experience, where he combines his electronic music skills with some cool singers.

Just such a giant friggin let down.
For what they've done before, what they're capable of... it feels lifeless.
Maybe I need to catch it live first.

I get the change they've aimed at taking, and good on them, I don't doubt the move away from sampling has led to a large part of the critical acclaim they've been able to garner but (listening near and from afar) it smacks of "pop" repetition and pitch which rather counteracts the initial shift from the generic every old sausage factory **** that's pumped out of America that infests the charts and clubs.

I think Djs/remixers/MCs could have a field day with this albumn for their hooks and catches.

It's **** and overrated just like all their other albums. 'Nuff said.

I really don't understand the hype around it. "Get Lucky" is a decent song, but not a hit. Daft Punk miserably failed

If there's that much hype around it and people are playing it so often, surely it IS a hit, and surely they haven't 'miserably failed'?

For what it's worth, I ****** love the album. It isn't their best, but that's not an insult, considering their other albums.